six

Petrichor

(n.) the smell of earth after rain

☆☆☆☆

(16 years old Astrea)

2 years later-

It has been almost two years since Azrael left for Greece.

Almost. 

There are 71 days still left.

He has to be trained for two years in order to be capable to be the Don once his father steps down.

His father did give him an option whether he wanted to become the Don or not. Had he chosen not to, his brothers or his cousin would have been asked. 

But who would want to miss such a chance. For a second, he decided to refuse to leave me and give up the chance, but after I persuaded, he eventually chose to train.

I am not upset of the fact that he had left because I know he would be back soon. The training period is almost up.

We do talk when he is free. It could be odd times too because of the time difference but we make it work. Our bond is stronger than some miles.

Last time we talked was on the day before yesterday. Usually he messages me whenever he finds time and replies to my texts almost instantly when he reads them.

But, I am scared. I am scared he would have replaced me. 

I was in my thoughts staring at the ceiling while lying on my bed when I heard papa call my name from the living room.

Getting up, I put on a pair of sweatpants and a crop top and went downstairs.

Everyone was present there.

"Sit down everyone. Dad has an announcement to make." Rafail's voice boomed through the chatter.

Almost immediately the chatter, specifically the quarrel between Ivan and Adrian died and we sat on the couch. 

Anticipating his next words, we all sat quietly when Ivan decided to open his mouth, "Is dad getting married again?"

His question made everyone freeze and turn towards papa who sat there with his mouth agape.

"What!? No!" papa exclaimed baffled by his question, recovering from the shock.

"Don't tell me you've gotten someone pregnant." Adrian shook his head, continuing, "I did not expect this from you dad. You are supposed to be the responsible one."

"W-what?" Rafail's eyes widened.

"Or, is дядя Boris getting divorced again? I almost lost the count. What is it, the 14th time?" Leo asked turning towards me.
[uncle]

"Oh shut up!" I exclaimed.

"Finally, a sensible one." Pavel muttered loud enough for all of us hear only to be glared by Ivan, Adrian and Leo.