CHAPTER 12: Saving Caramel Eyes

Happy New year guys🥳 Sorry for the long update😅 College life is busy and updates come in slow. I'm sorry, I'll do my best to update as fast as I can☺️

RHEA'S POV

"I hope you understood the system of this subject. It's been an hour." Dave sleepily stated while stretching his masculine extremity, both his arms raised upwards and his neck turned to his left side. I can hear the sounds of his bones, cracking, after an hour of tutoring me.

Yeah, tutoring me, again.

Ever since that day Vincent told him how I helped in getting Kendra back, his insulting tongue lessen its length. He even volunteered to tutor me in his free time which is only twice a week. He's busy with education, his theatre, and of course, his girlfriend.

Vincent also made a step for me to start moving on from Dave. He started introducing me to some of his male colonies but each time I see Dave, I just see him. Only him.

"Wake up from reality, little sis. You're so selfless." I was slapped out from my thoughts after replaying Vincent's words.

Self-less? Does it look like I don't give a damn about myself? Or I'm just too blinded by my infatuation?

"Do you have any clarifications or questions...?" Dave lazily asked before dropping his pen on my yellow pad after a long series of solving and calculations. He truly is smart... and handsome too. I just nod without any words coming out from me. I understand a little with his long, long talk but the truth is, I didn't even understand half of the lesson.

"I-I get it..." I lied with a serene smile before hiding them under my hair. I don't want to get scolded again.

"Good." He responded gladly before standing to stretch his hips and legs. He left me silently and headed towards the toilet, I must have worn his brains out. I'll just wait for him to come back so I can ask him to teach me one more lesson.

"Hey Little sis, are you done with the tutor?" Vincent asked from the kitchen door while chewing on his steak. "Join me for lunch."

I smiled at him. "Sure. I'm also starving."

I stood up so I can stretch myself, my bones were also making cramping sounds after that work. I was about to walk away from the study table filled with my papers, Dave's phone rang.

I paused on my stance and look down at his phone just on top of the study table.

Incoming call: Christine.

I hesitated to walk away since my eyes were glued directly to the screen. I was too shocked that I just stare down at it with shaking hands.

Should I answer or...? No, Rhea! You're invading his privacy!

I just stand like a statue, waiting for Dave to answer his phone, maybe so I can hear some of their convos? Oh gosh Rhea, you're such a dork.  I remembered that time when his girlfriend broke up with him, I should stay away from him and their relationship. I'm not a desperate bitch.

The ringing stopped, followed by a message.

'Where are you? Have you...."

The message appeared in the notifications but I only read that short when Dave opened the toilet door lazily. I quickly averted my eyes away and marched towards the kitchen door. I should join Vincent before Dave says something about my invading.

I just leaned closely on the wall while holding my chest in panic. That was close.

"What are you doing?" Vincent asked while placing a plate on the table. I shook my head. "Call for Dave and Veron. We're going to eat."