Wonder

As the group exited the borders of the Great Eastern swamp, most of their lower body was stained and wet with mud from the goblin attack two nights ago. The group steadily gained more traction and finally stepped on the great plains; they were now only half an hour's horse walk away from the Eastern Fortress City.

Rudolf and Shialynn have been keeping a bird's eye view of the City with their enhanced senses. The mysterious walls which greeted their vision enthralled them while the roaming duos of men of metal made them wary. There was no sight of any of the adventurers who came before them; maybe they were all still inside? It seemed like no alarms have been raised anyway.

The scenery was pretty normal, despite the awkward silence which originated from the city. The plains and the surrounding forestry sees no signs of devastation.

"Eerily quiet," Shialynn remarked as she stared at two approaching metal men.

"They're coming this way, how should we greet them?" Grey asked.

"Lower your weapons, prepare the cart and the supplies, we are coming in as merchants to trade, we must not let any suspicion fall through." The group nodded in unison, and they continued their journey to the city.

The two metal men hailed them, the group's entourage stopped their tracks and went on their feet to greet the two metal men.

Rudolf took the lead and went ahead to formally greet the two, he went and bowed his head and extended his right hand.

"Hello there, we are merchants from the western regions of Atira, we've come here to trade with the city, and we also have several clients waiting for us inside," Rudolf put up such a convincing facade, confident in his nature and stable in posture. The problem was, he was still a tad nervous.

The Androids looked at each other confused, was 'hello' used as a sort of greeting in this land? The Androids were silent for awhile before finally giving a response at the same time.

"Greetings, we are from the Machine Empire," Their voices were strange for Rudolf and his friends, their voices were jiggly, deep and sort of bounced. Rudelf assumed they were wearing full-armor and their helmets were muffling their voices. He also assumed this due to the fact he could not see any visible facial features except for two glowing 'eyes'.

And also, Machine Empire? They've never heard of such a country before. The more they delve deeper into their enemies, the more questions arise rather than answers.

"Ah yes, can we go inside the city? Our clients are waiting inside," Rudolf smiled, the other three were silently cheering him on behind his back as he put up quite the act.

The metal men fell once again to silence and stared at each other. After an awkward wait that pretty much amounted to a minute, the two Androids finally replied.

"You have been permitted by the Overall, may you please follow us,"

"Gladly," Replied Rudolf, he then turned towards the other three who have been smiling since they arrived.

"Alright, follow the gentlemen quickly!"

The Androids walked them up towards what seemed to be a gate; it was a mysterious section in the middle of the thin walls which encompassed the city. They did not detect any magic barrier, it was strange, they see some sort of blue barrier encompassing the walls and towered like a dome up the sky, but they have not detected any magic.