Chapter 38

- Strange, there's no mark of my power on your body...

The Thief mumbled, Cale who is soaking wet like a wet chick just stood there not sure how to react.

"... Hah?" He crossed his arms and hi head titled to one side. 'What bullshit is this Thief spouting...'

- The Vitality and the Shield are supposed to mark your chest as a sign of accepting you. Not only that, you have 12—no it's somehow still 11, Ancient Powers. That is beyond what a human being can achieve. What's more strange is the fact that you can hear my words... What really are you?

Cale was freezing cold and wanted to leave the cave already but his mind couldn't comprehend anything the Ancient Power was spouting. His face crunched into confusion.

"First, you told me I don't belong in this world. Am I supposed to be dead? And secondly, I am human, aren't you too rude to your new owner?" Cale's lips twitched up.

- Hoh, is that so. You don't seem to know what your Ancient Power's abilities are. Make use of the Fire of Destruction to release heat in your body and dry your clothes.

The red haired stared at his palms and called the Ancient Power and he felt his body warm up, hot steams loomed out of his clothes, few moments later it was completely dry. He scoffed in amusement.

"This is crazy."

- She's powerful.

- SOB! SHE'S TOO GOOD IM CRYING!

- We can cook fine bread with that...

Abby, Crybaby and Glutton's commentary echoed inside his head again.

- Spectacular, you can fucking talk to other three Ancient Powers.

Cale Henituse flinched at the sudden vulgar choice of words the Thief mumbled.

The red haired listened to the conversation of the four for a few moments, they seem to get a long just fine excluding Abby. She would either answer with sarcasm whenever the Thief asks something.

- You're the fucking reason why this unlucky red haired found me, hmmm?

- You're welcome, don't mention it.

- Don't you fucking know how to be humble?

- Oh my, did I hurt your feeling, your majesty?

"Stop it you insane people. I'm going crazy shut up hah..." Cale held his forehead when shaking his head.

His mission here was done now, the Thief should be able to help him with his Ancient Powers and answer a few of his questions considering she already encountered a God. There's still a lot of things to think about and to learn.

Cale stood up from the ground and cleaned the speck of dust on his clothes with the help of the Thief.

- Did you just literally used my Wind powers to clean off some dust? What a strange yet smart way of using me...

Cale was worried for a while if she was upset or amused, she doesn't seem to mind at all, but still...

He stepped out of the whirlpools a few meters away Infront of him. They're the reason why the water was wild and the Ubarr Territory is having trouble with fishing.

He heaved out a sigh and extended his hand out to lessen them.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

He felt his heart pump as the force.of.wind gather around his hand, in just a second the ocean's current seemed to calm down. A satisfied smile spread across his face.

- This world is rotten, what's the reason for helping the villagers here? Is there something you can gain? Something to steal?

Cale's laugh echoed at the cave. He pushed his red hair back behind his ears.
"Nothing, just for satisfa-WHAT THE HELL?"

Cale jumped backwards and a pale trembling hands shoot up from the ocean and grabbed the extended floor of the cave. It dragged itself up and it echoed I side the cave and he started to contemplate his life choices. 'Could it be the guy earlier? Did he saw what I did? Should I kill him?'

Brilliant blue hair that is shining upon the crescent moon emerged out of the water, the lifeform revealed itself before Cale could even think of what to do.

- Aren't you going to help him?

Glutton asked with a hopeful voice. The red haired just sighed and approached the hand that's seem to be struggling to drag itself inside the cave.

"P-please save me." The creature spoke in a shaky beautiful voice. He was imitating the salty smell of the ocean. A gasp came out of his mouth. He haven't met this creature before. But one thing popped out of his mind.

"Whale Tribe..."

He muttered to himself and the Blue haired man looked up at Cale with it's light blue eyes, it resembles the color of a clear sea and sky.

"I c-cannot die here... There's s-something I must accomplish..."

Without anymore second thoughts, Cale reached out his hand and lifted the Whale man out of the water, Cale's eyes widen as he saw a horrendously scratch on the man's leg. A mix of red sticky blood and disgusting green substance running out of the wound making him flinch and fall on his butt.

- It's mermaid poison.

Thief said and Cale's eyes shook. The beautiful man with messy long blue hair crawled to Cale's lap, tears forming on its eyes. There was a glint of hope but there's also despair on them.

"Please..."

- Did he made you feel cold? Just dry yourself again, you look funny don't you know?

The Thief spoke on his mind. But Cale felt like he was facing a ghost out of a kid's story book.

An Injured, almost dead member of the Whale Tribe revealed itself to Cale Henituse.

'Should I run?'

But that whale's stunning blue eyes were staring straight to his soul with hope and his fingers were clasping his hand hard enough to make him flinch. It was a unbelievable strength to a dying person.

- He must be a mix blood to be hurt that badly by a Mermaid. What a ridiculous existence.

The Thief scoffed, she sounded surprised but also terrified.

"Ughh.. kueak!"

Cale started frown with worry as a red substance emerged out of the whale's mouth. The wound seemed to worsen as his legs started to tremble more.

- Aren't you going to help him?

Glutton spoke, there's seemed to be a trace of disappointment in her voice now.

Cale's hand landed in the whale's shaking head, he cleaned off the strands of hair covering it's face. The whale's pupils shook in fright. Cale frowned.

"Tsk, your eyes remind me of someone," Cale removed his cape and wrapped it around the trembling man.