Prologue

Ellie was only Eleven years old when she found out she was adopted. It was a accident.. Hank asked her to get him a paper that was on his desk upstairs and she found the adoption certificate hanging right above the desk. It's weird I never noticed this she thought.
Well, It made sense, she barely ever entered her dad's home office.

"Dad?" Ellie asked as she walked down the stairs.
"Yes sweetie?" He asked looking up at her.
"am I adopted? " she asked with a glimpse of hope in her eyes. Hank never thought he would have to explain this to his adopted daughter. "Yes. you are."  He looked at her hoping for a good reaction. "Oh.. Okay.. Who are my REAL parents then?"
"How about I tell you all about it over some Ice cream?" Hank asked.  "Yeah that would be nice.." Ellie smiled at the man she always thought was her father.

The next day after school Hank picked up Ellie from school and they drove straight to the ice cream shop. After they ordered their ice cream, Hank started talking: "I knew your Mom, she was a very good person but a lot of bad things happen to her so she couldn't take care of you"
"when you say bad things what do you mean?" Ellie asked with curiosity in her eyes . Hank took a minute to reply "She was kidnapped and your father was the kidnapper"

An: this was just to explain the story.. It came out kinda bad but I hope it  still makes sense!! I would love to hear your feedback about my writing!!

Xoxo May❤