Chapter 14

"I think you all need to sit down before I tell you

"I think you all need to sit down before I tell you." Valentino orders making me sigh as I take a seat along with all my sons.

I see his eyes are glazed over with tears which are ready to leave his eyes making me even more anxious then before.

"Well when I was running some tests my assistant changed her and well her whole body was found to be covered with bruises and scars. So we decided to do an x-ray and found out she has 2 Broken ribs." He pauses letting it sink in.

"How did we not realise, I mean she didn't even walk funny." Luca states his ideas out load confused.

"Well, if she has been abused she would be used to faking being okay." Matteo explains his theory. But I hope it's not true.

"And from what it looks like she had been sleeping on the cold hard floor before being with us which was the cause of a large bruise on her back ." He sadly asserts looking down.

"And." I add waiting for him to carry on as I can see he is not done with talking to us.

"Um dr Ferrari believes we should do a rape kit just to be sure in case she was raped as well." He trembled as a tear escapes his eyes.

Angelo quickly steps up and hugs Valentino trying to calm him down. I don't think I have seen Valentino cry like this since she was took from us.

"I-I couldn't protect her Angelo." He stuttered calming down a bit.

"Fratello, non incolpare te stesso. Semmai è colpa mia." Angelo says to all of them. (Brother, don't blame yourself. If anything it's my fault.)

Looking around everyone looked furious yet broken by this news. Who would do this to such an innocent little girl.

I start feeling myself shake with anger and I know Angelo can tell I'm about to explode as he is the one to continue talking.

"Bro can we go see her yet?" Angelo inquires looking at Valentino.

"Fratello, I think you should wait till she wakes up." Valentino mumbled looking down. (Brother)

Another doctor walks out of Liliana's room in a rush looking worried.

"Dr Romano, please can you come into the room so I can talk to you about the results?" She questions not wanting to say something wrong.

"Okay I'm coming." He tells her getting up. "I will come back as soon as I get some more information." He begins walking away while we all stare at his back lost in thought.

2 hours later

We have all been waiting outside not leaving the infirmary.

I have been pacing the corridor for the last 2 hours waiting for the door to open again.

After Valentino walked in the door stayed shut till now.

As I stare at the door it opens and I walk straight up to it wasting no time.

"Figlio, is she awake? Can we go in?" I begin questioning him not even letting him speak. (Son)

Angelo walks up to me and grabs my arm. "Dad, sit down and let him talk." He talks calmly trying not to trigger me right now.

I listen sitting down as I stare at Valentino what ifs- swimming around my head.

"She will be fine, we gave her some sleeping pills because she hasn't had enough sleep and we have put a rib brace around her broken ribs. She will only need rest for 2 weeks so her bruises can heal and then she can go school and will be fully healed." He announced to us all.

I sigh in relief till I remember the rape kit. He hasn't mentioned it so does that mean she wasn't raped? Hopefully.

"What about the rape kit." Hearing this he noticeably tenses.

"Well from the results, she- she was raped." He confirmed making us all want to kill whoever even thought to touch her.

"Can I go see her?" I requested wanting to hold her in my arms and comfort her.

"Yeah, but she will be asleep for another 5 hours or more so. ." He begins but I stand up and start walking to my principessa room.

Standing right outside the door, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Opening my eyes, I walk inside but even that deep breath didn't prepare me for what lays right in front of me.

Liliana is laying on the hospital bed with tubes running through her hands as her face is now pale and an oxygen mask on her face.

I fall down but luckily I fell on the seat next to her bed as I start silently cry holding her cold small hand. When I gain enough strength, I kiss her small head and sit back down.

"Perché ti è successo amore mio?" I whisper sadly looking down. (Why did this happen to you, my love?)

I sit there in silence staring into the distance as I feel drops fall down my face one by one.

After a while, I lay my head down on the bed still holding her hand as my eyes begin to close.

I start to feel sleep taking me under as I try to fight it. However, after not sleeping for 2 days I can't help but fall asleep.

Angelo

"Can I see her?" My dad questions, looking hopefully at Valentino.

"Yeah but she will be asleep for another 5 hours or  more so..." he replies but gets cut of by dad getting up and walking into the room.

Just as Luca and Lorenzo stand up I stop them. "Wait, give dad a minute alone with her. He needs it." I order looking at them and without me talking they can already tell that I want them to sit down and wait.

"Can we go in already, it's been like 10 minutes and I want to see if she is ok." Matteo whines looking up at me with his puppy eyes.

" I'm pretty sure you was the one calling her a bitch and how you didn't want to live with her." I state annoyed by him and Luca who keep asking if they can go see her every second.

"Yeah, but I said sorry to her and she said she would forgive me." He blurted out looking deep  in Thought.

I can tell they are worried and when I said that to him I saw his heart break a little bit but he would never admit it.

"Okay, fine you can go into the hospital room. Although, if dad kicks you out then leave without complaining." I tell them as they get up excited.

Sometimes, they act like 5 year olds and they are both not mature at all. That's probably why they are so close.

Walking in, we see our dad sleeping on the chair next to Liliana holding her hand in a tight grip as if she was going to disappear.

We all sit down around the bed waiting for her to wake up while I check my mafia email for any urgent business.

Dealing with this, the mafia and Romano.co is a lot of work but I am so lucky to have my dad and Lorenzo here to help me whenever I need them.