Ch.34 - Minty Sweet

A little important authors note to follow guys.
_______________________________________________

Hand soft in hers as he helps her up--not that that's a trouble. He's simply a gentlemen. His skin slipping against hers as he takes that same hand of hers in both of his. "Basics. Make a fist for me?"

She does so as if she were to punch someone, not that she ever had.

Robert hums pulling at her fingers to form the proper positioning fist, carefully moving her thumb from where it's tucked into the fist, putting it to fold over her curled fingers. Gaze focused on her thin paws. "So, you wanna keep that little thumb," brushing a touch to firm it in place. "Keep it out of your fist so if you hit something, you don't break a bone while doing it."

She nods, quiet and trying to conceal a blush as he stands so close, so intimately as he pulls at her hand. His breath smooth against her skin.

"You also don't wanna keep the lil guy sticking out or else she'll get caught on something, so, just keep your fist tight like this, okay?" His eyes flickering up to meet her own as she agrees, then back down again. "Now for where you want to make contact is with the flat tops of your fingers. Not too much on your knuckles, just flat and firm. Here, try." He holds up a flat palm, and there's nothing inside her that at all wants to even ever think about hitting him but this is good. This is fine.

She does so softly which earns her a broad smile. "Like that?"

"Yep. That's great. Just like," he takes her fist in one hand, pulling it to the oppositional hand still open palmed, slow and gently pressing against his soft skin.

"Okay. Flat, firm, fist."

"That's it." He doesn't push her to hit him a bit harder and for that she truly appreciates. "Now how about your stance, hmm?" Stepping away from her, letting go and she just wants to curl into him and huff out a sigh. He demonstrates his stance, pulling up his arms, "See, for my style of martial arts, it tends to be a mixture between an open hand and fist."

"Okay. So just like," she stands opposite of him trying to mirror. "Like this?"

"Very close." He adjusts her arm levels, and asks her to match his leg position. She does as he asks, looking to him for approval. "Better?"

He looks her over, sending shivers up and down her spine as his eyes so respectfully roam. "Perfect." He doesn't say something for a minute but he breaks off with a cough, licking his lips as he looks away, then back to her.

A small knowing smile spreading across her lips. "How long did you say you've been studying Wing Chung? Twelve years?"

He lightly chuckles, looking like he himself doesn't believe it. "Yet I'm only a brown belt." He tsks. Shaking his head.

"Brown belt sounds pretty impressive to me."

"Well, technically it's a sash, but thank you. I try."

Again they move on with the movements. He shows her more stances, more ways to hold her hands in response to different movements, or where to keep her balance. Then for the hits, the swift flowing of limbs and she's trying but she's just not all that graceful. Not like Robert is.

She's like a dwindling Bambi and he's like...like a being full of life and experience, a full grown deer? Maybe? He seems so in tune with his body, the way he shifts, or even simple as adjusting her limbs from their awkward state. Demonstrating blocks and punches like he could do it with his eyes closed. Actually, he probably could.

A man with the equipment to hurt but Charlotte had only ever felt patient softness.

Her very well defined words to describe him: Soft, gentle, and warm, warm, warm. Muttering the three words again and again as he guides her through the motions.