Part 28

YOUR POV
"Max!" I shouted throughout the house, putting my shoes on. "Come on bud, it's time to pick Nan up!"

Little patter of feet sounded down the stairs shortly after. The sound stopped as Max made his way over to me with his shoes in hand. I understood what he wanted me to do. It was basically routine at this point.

Once he was all ready with his shoes on, i strapped him into his car seat before making my way to the drivers side. Getting in, i adjusted my seat then started the engine. I connected my phone to the bluetooth.

"Mo, what song do you want buddy?" I asked peering at him in the rear view mirror.

"Ummm, When i was your man!!" He exclaimed excitedly once he finally remembered what it was called.

I played his requested song and started our journey to the airport.

-

"Stay close to me okay? It's pretty busy." I instructed as my little brother and i made our way into the airport. "Keep a look out for nanny."

Searching left and right, Max up and down. For some odd reason. Does he think that our 70 year old nan is gonna my swinging from the raptors on the ceiling?

Eventually i spotted her in the crowd of people exiting the same plane and nudged Max. Nodding my head towards where nan was. He followed my nod and soon his eyes fell upon the woman we haven't seen in a while. He let go of my hand and went sprinting towards her.

Nan dropped her bags and engulfed him in a hug once he reached her. And like nans do, she was peppering kisses all over his face.

I made my way over to them with a smile on my face. Nan looked up once i reached them and let go of Max just to engulf me in one of her famous bone crushing hugs. Again, peppering kisses all over my face. Thanks Nan.

We said our hellos and i miss yous before we had to go retrieve Nan's suitcases.

"So how have you both been?" My nan asked as we started walking to the baggage claim.

"Good yeah, i've been pretty busy with school and looking after this little monster." I said while tickling my little brother. He started squirming trying to get out of my grip. Nan watched over us with an amused smile. "What about you nan? How's things been back in the uk?"

"Okay, sweetheart. It gets a little lonely down there though."

"You're always welcome to come stay with us whenever you want you know?" I told her as we reached the conveyer belt with all the suitcases, waiting for hers to appear.

"You're so kind, darling. I might take you up on that offer" Nan replied while scanning the cases. "Anyways, i noticed that you mentioned you were looking after Max and juggling school. Where are your parents?"

"I don't actually know, Nan. I'll have to fill you in over dinner." I said with a frown at the mention of my parents. "Is that one yours?" I asked. She nodded so i went to retrieve her bag. I carried all her bags back to the car and put them in the boot while Nan strapped Max in.

We all got in the car and we're on our way home.

"I was thinking that i'll take you home so you can drop your bags off at the house and freshen up a little if you need to, then we'll go out to eat. What do you say?"

"That sounds great, i'm so hungry."

"Okays, it's sorted then."

We made our way home and Nan went upstairs to freshen up while Max and i watched Ben 10 in the living room.