Chapter 20

Lizzie POV

My alarm goes off and ends my deep sleep ungently. A pounding headache reminds me that I drank way too much last night. I remove the blanket that covers me and look down only to realize that I still wear the same clothes I had on yesterday. Wow I didn't change. How did I even get here? What exactly happened yesterday? I shut my eyes close and rub my temples trying to get rid of the fog that clouds my brain. Suddenly it hits me. Y/N drove me home. I hold onto her tightly as we drove her motorcycle. We got off the vehicle and then – then I kissed her. Oh god, did that really happen? I mean I like her. I really do. I enjoyed all the time we've spent together and I don't regret the kiss. I just wish it would have been under different circumstances. Preferably when I'm not drunk. But she – did she regret it? She pulled away. God, why can't I remember more? All I know is that I kissed her and she stopped me to do more. She rejected me. She probably doesn't feel the same. Y/N doesn't want me.
And I have to face her because she's supposed to drive me to work. Great.

I get ready and decide to wait for her outside. I squint my eyes at the bright sunlight and quickly put on my sunglasses. Who the hell thought it would be a great idea to drink on a normal weekday? Oh right, me and my friends.
Only a few minutes later Y/N arrives. She hops off her motorcycle and takes off her helmet shaking her hair. Why does she have to look that good when she does that? It's just not fair. She approaches me with a small smile on her lips.

"Good morning.", she says quietly. "You probably have a huge hangover, so I got you some things that might help with that."

"Good morning.", I greet her back and watch as she pulls some things out of her rucksack.

"So, at first a coffee. I made sure to secure it as good as possible, so nothing spills out."

She hands me the cup that I take gratefully.

"And I also got you a banana milkshake. I don't know about you, but it always helps me with hangovers.."

"You have hangovers?", I interrupt her.

"Of course. Well, it's been a while. But when I had them, I always drank banana milkshakes.", she replies easily and I nod.

"So, and then I have a bagel for you. It's always good to eat something if you don't feel nauseous. And an aspirin for your head.", she concludes and hands me everything.

"Thank you! That wasn't necessary, but I really appreciate it. You're the best."

"Anything for you.", she says and winks as she walks to my car to open the door for me.

Is she flirtatious or is she just being nice? Ugh, why is that all so complicated?

"Um, do you remember anything from last night?", she asks as she begins to drive.

"No, not really. I mean I know that we were in a club and that I drank way too much.... Why? Did I do anything stupid?", I answer acting dumb.

I really don't know how to handle this situation. A weird expression crosses her face. She almost looks ... hurt? Or disappointed?

"Uh no. No, you didn't do anything stupid. I was just curious.", she replies and the weird expression is quickly replaced by a small smile.

"Are you feeling better?", Y/N asks and nods to all the things she brought me that are currently placed in my lap.

I already drank the coffee and half of the milkshake and she was right, the banana milkshake is really helpful. The aspirin begins to work as well and the bagel was really delicious.

"Yes, much better. Thank you.", I give her a smile and she just nods contently.

Y/N drops me off at work and I tell her to go home or do whatever she wants to do. I have a long day today and won't really need her. Plus, she already worked half of the night. She can use some rest.
I go to a trailer to get my hair and makeup done and then head to set. Scarlett is already filming but Florence sits on chair waiting for her next scene and looking as miserable as I feel.

"Hey!", I greet her.

"Good morning.", she groans. "Do you also have a hangover? I feel like I got hit by a truck."

I chuckle. "Trust me, I felt the same when I woke up. I couldn't even remember everything that happened. But Y/N brought me breakfast and an aspirin. That was really helpful."

"Y/N, huh?", Florence teases and she smirks. "You left the club together, right? Did something happen between you two?"

"Uhm..", I shuffle awkwardly on my feet not knowing how to answer.

"Something did happen!", Flo cheers. "Tell me everything!"

"You're pretty nosy, you know that?"

"Did you sleep with her?", she wants to know completely ignoring what I said.

"You slept with Y/N?!", Scarlett asks loudly as she suddenly approaches us.

"Shh, could you keep it down?", I request. "No, I did not sleep with her. I don't even know what exactly happened. I just – "

"Lizzie, what happened?", Scarlett furrows her brows.

"We kissed, okay? Well, I kissed her. And she pulled back. Y/N clearly doesn't want me."

"Did she say that?", Florence asks.

"Noo, but –"

"Did she say anything about the kiss?", Scarlett continues this interrogation.

"Well, no. But she asked if I remember anything from last night."

"And? What did you say?", Flo pushes, wanting more answers.

"I told her that I don't remember anything. I mean, I don't really know what I feel. And whatever it is that I feel... she doesn't feel the same. Why else would she have rejected me? I just don't want to make things awkward or weird. After all, she still works for me.", I try to explain.

"Hmm, yeah I understand that. But I still think you should talk to her.", Florence suggests.

"Yeah definitely.", Scarlett agrees.

Before I could respond someone calls my name telling me I'm needed.

---
It is already dark when I am finally done with work. Scarlett and Florence weren't needed the whole day, so they left a few hours before me. Good for me. I love them, but their questions were getting on my nerves. I head to my trailer to get my stuff and pull my phone out of my pocket to call an uber. I know that Y/N would be here in a heartbeat to pick me up but I need some time to think. I look at the screen and see that my sister MK messaged me.

MK
Hey, Liz!
I met someone who I think is just perfect for you. His name is Robbie and he really would like to meet you. I send you a picture. Let me know if you are down for a date!

I chuckle and shake my head in amusement. My sisters always want to play matchmaker. I take a look at the picture she sent me. Hmm, he's cute. Kinda looks like Jesus, but whatever. Although I don't really know if a date is a good idea. With all this stuff that's going on with  Y/N. I like her, I really do. And I love how she treats me. The kiss was great too, at least as long as I remember. But it also seems so complicated. She works for me. She is a woman. What will other people think? I don't even know why I care about that but it's still something that swirls inside my mind.

I sigh and think for a moment before I tap my answer and send it.

Hey hey! How are y'all? I don't know why but I had fun writing this chapter. I hope you like it too☺️
Take care of yourselves and see you in the next chapter👋🏻