Chapter 42

Don't forget to vote!!!!

Axarii's POV

I carefully opened the door, hating how it creaked with every push.

I looked inside to see Cole and Reyna sleeping next to Henry's daughter. I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. They're safe.

I walked towards the three. Just as I was about to wake them up someone grabbed me from behind, covering my mouth with their hands.

"Shh... we don't wanna wake up the kids sweetie." Henry muttered out next to my ear. I shivered in disgust as I felt him place a hand on my waist, as if we're a married couple watching over our children.

This man is crazy... one wrong move and I'm probably dead.

"What's wrong? You're shaking... did Bryant-" He began, removing his hand off my mouth.

"Bryant didn't do anything. I need to leave, with my kids... and Bryant." I spoke out calmly. He looked confused by my words.

"They're my kids too you know, I watched over them while you were gone." He said. "And Bryant tried killing you... I mean sure your father was really behind the car accident and all but-"

"You knew?!" I asked him, ignoring what he said I took his hand off of me. I watched as he frowned when I did so.

"Well yeah... everyone knew. Even Winston. Why do you think Winston agreed to even take part in all of this?" He said. I looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Winston is a good guy. He really is believe it or not. Your father was the one to ask him to join us, to ruin your marriage with him. He declined it of course, he was pissed even. So your dad did what I would've done." He explained, backing away from me.

"And what did he do?"

"He threatened to kill Winston's parents if he didn't cooperate. Winston loves you, that's why even though he practically ruined your relationship and caused your kids to grow up without knowing their father, he protected you all. He still wanted to be there for you.

'None of you are laying a hand on them... if you do then I'll kill you.' That's what he'd say to us." He said. I shook my head in denial.

"Then why didn't he tell me? He acted like he did it just because of Xavier's past about relationships and my well-being." I asked.

"Your dad simply told him the same thing would happen to his parents if he told you anything." He spoke out.

"You don't have to believe me, ask Bryant." Just as he said that, two gun shots were heard.

"What the-" Henry began. Bryant.

"I gotta go see if Bryant's okay!" I hissed out. Henry tried grabbing me but I quickly moved out of his reach.

"Axarii you're pregnant! You can't go up there, you don't know who got shot nor who has the gun... the kids-" He argued.

"I'll be back." I said before quickly running out. I ran down the halls before I finally reached the stairs. I slowly walked up the stairs as I caught my breath. When I peeped from the corner I didn't see anyone.

I walked down the hall before I made it to the room I was kept in. I saw both my brother and father on the ground.

"Bryant!" I yelled out as I ran towards him. He turned towards me before smiling softly. "You never listen to me."