my-log: offer

THE AMBULANCE TAKES GEUN back to the hospital

THE AMBULANCE TAKES GEUN back to the hospital. I'm feeling a bit sick, so I stay behind at the venue to recuperate. I am sitting on one of the benches in the hallway. It is painfully silent, as all of the fans and supporters had already left. I stare at the ground, thinking.

Was Geun okay? Would he wake up? What happened? Was he still suffering all this time, but hid it to meet these boys?!

I run my fingers through my hair, frustrated. That boy better be okay...

I hear footsteps approach me. I don't bother looking up. They sit next to me and remain quiet for about a minute. For some reason, I hope it would magically be Geun, and he'd say something stupid like, "I'm okay! See! I was just joking!"

I keep my hands underneath my glasses, my palms pressing into my face. The person sitting beside me decides to talk. "...Has something like this happened before?"

I can't tell who it is based on the voice, so I turn to look through the strands of my hair. It's Sunghoon, the prince-like boy. He was staring directly at me, waiting for an answer.

"...Usually I'm not around when it happens...But yes..."

"...Geun will be alright, then...Won't he?"

"You never know...Even if it's happened before, you don't know if it'll be the last time...I never get my hopes up." I mutter, sitting up straight and leaning my back against the wall. I sigh, blinking slowly as I stare in front of me.

"...It must be hard...Taking care of him alone."

My head jerks to the side. "...How did you know?"

"I'm just assuming, based off of the relationship you have with him...So it's true? It's just you two?"

"...Mhm."

"...Is it hard?"

"...Yeah...It's just...stressful...Money is the only big issue..."

"...How old are you?"

"17."

"Huh? Seriously??" Sunghoon gasps sharply, his eyes tracing me from head to toe, like he didn't believe me. "You aren't even an adult yet."

"Hah...Yeah..." I mutter. I'm not necessarily in the mood to talk about myself, or at all for that fact. I stand up from the bench, picking up by bag with my hair draping around my sad and puffy eyes. "I...I should probably head to the hospital."

I hear Sunghoon get up as well, while I already started making my way to the exit down the hall. "Thank you for letting my brother come meet you..."

"Wait."

I stop almost immediately, turning over my shoulder to look at the silver haired boy. He just sort of waves at me to come back to him, but he starts to walk away and back to the meet and greet room. I pause, then decided to follow.

We walk back inside, and all of the boys were standing in a line like they were awaiting our return. I stop in the doorway, my guard up. Are they gonna jump me? Or maybe they were going to scold me for bringing a sick boy and making them pay the ambulance fee. Maybe they are going to—

"Miss Y/n?"

I turn to my right and is greeted by an older man. I immediately recognize him from the hotel, the one who checked into the five suites under his name.

"Hi, I'm Manager Sejin."

"...Hello..." I mumble, glancing to the guys. Sunoo is watching me excitedly, and the others all give a weird grin or smile.

"We've noticed that you have a talent for makeup...Are you able to do it on other people?"

I suddenly recall the eyeshadow look I am wearing. It was a subtle cut crease with sparkly glitter on my lids and underneath my eyes. It isn't the best of my abilities, but it isn't something anyone could do perfectly on the first try like I did.

"Oh, uhm, yeah I am..."

Sejin looks at the members, all 7 boys nodding. "...How would you feel if we offered you a job as our staff makeup artist?"

...What???????

No. I must've spaced out again. Did I hear him right? No. No way I was just offered a job to do MAKEUP for a KPOP GROUP. Seriously? Doing something I love for fun, as a job!? That's a thing!?

I must've been standing in shock for so long, because Sejin waves his hand in front of my face to bring me back to reality. "Miss y/n? Feeling okay??"

"Huh?—Oh, yes-It's just...I don't know...My current job is paying me pretty well—"

"We pay more. With more benefits too...Including free housing."

My brows raise. "Free housing?"

"Yes. We can also help to cover your brothers hospital fees...To help the two of you out."

At this moment, I am genuinely confused. Is this going to go on some prank show? Are they joking around?

I'm literally a random teenage girl who happens to have a sick younger brother obsessed with a
K-Pop group. Why are they offering me such an elite job? Perhaps they just pity me...There's no way they want to hire me as a makeup artist just because my eyeshadow look is "creative".

...Yeah...They only pity me...

"...I'm sorry."

Everyone in the room let their faces drop after I say that one sentence.

"...I can't accept it." I bow politely. I stand straight again and fix my hair, adjusting my purse on my shoulder and turning to the door. "It's a kind gesture, but I'd much rather earn a job, rather than be handed it because you all feel bad for me."

They all choke.

"I-It's not that—" Sejin stutters.

"I'll continue to work at the hotel. It's alright...Thank you for letting Geun meet you all—"

"I really like this post of yours."

I freeze.

...Post?

I slowly look over my shoulder to see Heeseung holding up his phone with the screen to me. It is one of my Instagram post of my eyeshadow look that was a New Year inspired look—one I just posted a few weeks ago.

HOW DID HE FIND MY ACCOUNT!?

"We showed our manager what you were capable of, so he could consider if you were actually worthy of the job. Sure, we're offering it to you to help you and Geun, but we are in need of new staff members who can do makeup." Jungwon explains to me firmly with a grin.

My heart is deflating as he speaks. I'm still embarrassed at the fact that they FOUND. MY. ACCOUNT. My only followers are Geun, Ji-woo, Junsu, and 400 random strangers.

"I—I—"

"You don't have to accept it you don't want, but." Sejin touches my shoulder and smiles. "we'd love to have you on the team...

What do you say?"