23❀

"What in your twisted mind thought it was a good idea to invite him to even stand in the same house as me?"

     "Phoebe-"

    "No! Do not," I say, gathering mine and Zameer's belongings.

    "Phoebe, what's going on?" Zameer asks softly.

     "Yeah kitty, why are you so upset?" The man taunts. Getting a kick out of this.

     Disgusting.

     "Don't call me that, you freak." I spit at him.

     Zameer seems to connect the dots because within a second he's launching himself towards Darren, my stepfather.

     I quickly grab his arm to hold him back.

     "Babe, it's not worth it. You're just giving in to what he wants." I say, trying to calm him down. He does look mighty fine right now though.

     Not the time.

     He sighs before backing down, grabbing my hand softly, and walking towards the door.

     "Phoebe Balewa! Stop, just let me expla-" Tanya starts, making me snap. 

     I slap her.

     Hard.

     "Don't ever speak to me again. You're sick." I yell, spraying hand sanitizer on my hands.

     She looks at me in shock before launching herself at me, making Zameer push her to the ground.

     "Hey! Watch yourself boy." Darren says, glaring at Zameer.

     "Lower your tone when you talk to me." Zameer states calmly, smirking as he watches Darren get riled up.

     "Tsk Tsk Tsk. Let's not forget you have my seconds, boy. How's my daughter doing, by the way? Tell her daddy says hi." Darren smirks at me before winking at Zameer.

     And he loses it.

     Before I can stop him, Zameer's body goes flying towards Darren's, tackling him to the ground.

     Tanya looks at them in fear.

    "What are you doing just standing around! Stop him! He's acting like an animal." She cries out, rushing over to help her boy-toy.

     I quickly grab her arm and pull her back.

     "He deserves this. You do too, but you're lucky I'm not a fighter." I smirk at her, watching Zameer layer punches across Darren's dirty face.

     She glares at me before storming out of the house.

     "I hate you, Phoebe. I should've killed you when I had the chance." She says through gritted teeth slamming the door behind her.