55

Chapter 55: 

Cassie Grayson
Holding the phone to her ear Cassie searched the house as she went to the closet to grab her gun. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she thought of all the things that Micah was capable of.

"I told you there was no leaving me and I meant that Cassandra." Micah said into the phone as Cassie had yet to speak.

"Micah baby where are you?"

"It's been two years Cassie. You haven't sent a picture or attempted to call me. You stole my fucking kids and didn't even think about how that shit would affect me."

Listening to him talk Cassie packed up as much as she could while checking the house for any signs of him.

"I'm sorry Micah I needed to protect my kids."

"Bitch them our kids hoe. I wouldn't hurt them." Micah huffed as blue could still be heard barking in the background. "I loved you bro on everything. I trusted you and you lied to me Cassandra. You really hurt a nigga heart."

Putting her hands up to her lips she motioned for Maddox to be quiet and put on his shoes. While he did that she picked Maelani up and put her on her hip.

She'd heard what Micah had said and it hurt, but she couldn't let his words distract her. She needed to keep him on the phone and distracted  while she and her kids made an escape.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to hurt you Micah. You hurt me. I needed to do what was best for our family and I did. You needed help." Cassie said really feeling her words as she in the kids made it to the door.

Putting her hand over her chest Cassie took in a deep breath as she placed her ear to the door. When she didn't hear anything she turned the locks and pulled it open.

Looking out the door she checked the surroundings before she stepped out pulling Maddox along by his hand as she still held Mae on her hip. She had the phone pressed to her ear and her gun was in the waist band of her joggers. She hurriedly rushed to the car with her kids in tow.

"I needed my wife! I needed my kids! I needed my damn dog! Cassie we have a daughter that I've never fucking met. I had to break into the school to see my own damn son. When I see you I'm gone cut yo fucking feet off see how far you get then." Micah said through a light chuckle although nothing was actually funny about the situation to him. He was serious.

Making it to the car Cassie put both kids in not really caring about car seats at the moment. She'd strap them down once they got away from the house.

"Where are you so we can come see you?" Cassie asked hoping he'd play into it.

"I'll see y'all soon. Kiss my kids for me. Say bye to mommy blue." Micah said hanging up in her face as the last thing that could be heard was a dog whimpering.

Biting at her lip Cassie started the car and headed out the parking lot. When they got to the nearest gas station she buckled the kids into their seats before they got onto the highway. She checked her surroundings every second.

Grabbing her phone again she called
Marcus. It wrong a few times before his voice finally came through.

"Hey, you guys doing okay?"

"No, he found us." Cassie said as she began to finally break down.

She'd managed to keep her cool all that time and everything was finally hitting her like a ton of bricks. She turned around frantically looking over her kids who were in a panic because they sensed she was in a panic. That was the last thing she wanted.