Chapter 6

Heading towards your car, you walked slower this time, as you felt no threat. For some reason you weren't scared of Spring trap. Maybe it was the fact he hasn't killed you yet, but you felt he had other intentions. Maybe they were worse.

When you got home you plopped on you bed and passed out immediately from the exhausting and confusion from the night. You slept for what felt like the whole day and when you woke up, it was almost time to return back to the pizzeria. 10:37 PM.

I slept for over 14 hours?! Maybe I'm just tired from the night shift...

You had forgotten about what happened to you previously the night before as you started your car up and headed to the pizzeria thoughtlessly.

———-

This time when you walked in it was 11:36 PM. You still had time before your shift started. You weren't sure of what to do. Get a snack? No. You were scared from what happened last time you tried to do that. You decided you were going to explore the pizzeria, ignorantly, forgetting the dangers of it.

You walked past empty masks on a table there was a fox, and a duck. You took a minute to just stare and observe what was before you. Strange. They didn't interest you too much though, your thoughts were more focused on Spring trap. What exactly was he? Before you had the chance to finish that thought, a creepy seemingly shadow jumped up at you out of no where, it had tears in its eyes and looked like a puppet. The alarms started blaring and you checked the time
on your phone only to realize it was 12:10. You panicked as you headed to the office hoping you could reset the ventilation in time. You also felt nauseous from the thought of that weird puppet popping up in your face. It kept replaying in your mind, playing games with you. You felt as if the office was out of your reach and you weren't going to make it. Everything started spinning and more hallucinations came before you. The last thing you saw before hitting the ground was that same duck from earlier jumping up in your face, before blacking out once again.

You were dreaming again. This time it felt as if you were observing someone or something. You looked around and you saw the same pizzeria you were just in. It seemed like it was early in the morning maybe even right when your shift had ended. You walked around and saw him. Spring trap seemed to be staring at the exit watching you. He was watching you leave the pizzeria. Creepy. Why was he watching you? Soon after he walked away from the exit, but you couldn't read his face. He didn't seem like he was smirking, but you didn't get a read off of him. You went after him, but you everything was flashing, you were starting to wake up.

When you woke up, you were on the floor you passed out on. The same place. You sighed in relief, finding out Spring trap hadn't noticed you. The alarms were no longer blaring and you were curious on how they stopped? No one else was here with you. You walked into your office and everything was normal. Like nothing ever happened. Were you dreaming the whole time? But you checked the time and it was 1:37 AM. What happened was real. But who restarted the vents?

Spring trap POV:
When the clock struck 12, I began my hunt for her again. This time she would make it fun, I'm sure of it.

About 10 minutes in I saw Y/N passed out in the ground. He/she looked pale. That's when I realized the alarms were going off. Maybe she passed out from the lack of oxygen. What do I care?

But I started walking to the office. I don't know why but I wanted her alive. Something about her just stunned me. Like I've never seen anything so unique. I hated her for this confusion and I tried fighting my soft side from restarting the vents. You are going soft, Spring trap. This is what 30 years alone does to you. I finally restarted the vents. I'm ashamed. Why can't I watch her die? Maybe I wanted to savor her death for me. Yeah that was it. I'm going to come back for her tonight.

Y/N POV:
Back in your office, it was now 2:13 AM. Time was going by slow and the ghosts kept coming back and kept disturbing your oxygen flow. This was one of the worst nights yet. It was an endless loop of resetting the vents. Why can't they just leave me alone?

That's when you saw Spring trap in the doorway. You froze. Looking at him, you were unsure of what he was about to do. The ghosts were attacking every few minutes, you couldn't fight them both. But when a fox came out and tried to jump at you, Spring trap grabbed it by its throat and slammed it into the wall, with such force. The thing quickly backed off and screamed as it vanished. Why did he help you? Maybe he wanted to kill you himself.

"Follow me."

You nodded. Afraid to say or do anything else you followed him. If you didn't die to him, you would die to the ghosts things anyway. Besides, he got rid of one of them for you, maybe he was trying to help.

The two of you walked close, not on purpose but he kept moving himself towards you. You yet again, didn't understand why. You are almost touching from how close you were walking. But the silence was disturbed when a boy holding a balloon had jump scared you. It set you off guard so badly your heart started rushing. So many jump scares tonight you couldn't take it anymore and fell to the floor, half awake you saw Spring trap look back at you. He seemed to be fighting himself yet again, but moments later he crouched down and picked you up in bridal position, before you closed your eyes the last thing he said was,

"Don't worry, I'll protect you."