53. Bathroom Break

Author's note:

Ok, I should be asleep two hours ago. But at least I finished this chapter, enjoy!

⚜️⚜️⚜️

When Mrs Amato, a chemistry teacher, appeared in their class Sofia could tell from her nervous face that something was going on. She let her students into the classroom and then instead of starting the lesson she asked them to wait and beave. Then left the classroom.

"What's going on?" Iacopo asked.

No response.

"Hey, my mom made cookies do you want some?" Gianna asked Sofia, taking an opportunity from additional free time.

"Um... thank you? I ate a big breakfast" Sofia said awkwardly and then she saw Gianna's saddened reaction and she wanted to take her words back. But Bruno was quicker than her.

"I will have some" Bruno said and took three cookies simultaneously.

Gina was scandalized by his audacity and she quickly sat down at her desk and started whispering something furiously to her friend.

Sofia leaned towards Bruno and asked quietly "Why?"

"To assert dominance" he whispered back with humour and winked at her.

Sofia had to stop herself from laughing.

But her mood quickly shifted into a serious one when Mrs Amato came back to the classroom looking pale.

"Cynthia, Giada, Gabriele and Riccardo, headmaster wants to see you in his office,"  she was speaking in a very serious voice. She was a gentle teacher so her cold behaviour was very alarming.

Cynthia instantly looked at Sofia with anger. "You b-"

"Cynthia, don't make it worse for yourself," Mrs Amato said sternly. "Mrs Farro will make sure you're not taking any detours"

Mrs Farro was a school psychologist and she was now standing in a doorway, waiting for the students to follow her.

***

And just like that her tormentors weren't present till the end of the first lesson. After the meeting, the headmaster himself has brought them back to the classroom.

"I am sure you all know what it is about. Your new classmate was being bullied and none of you was kind enough to report it. Is there anything you would like to say?"

He paused so the whole class muttered apologies and Sofia felt so embarrassed.

After the last I'm sorry headmaster continued "Unfortunately this cannot be left unpunished and I will make sure your conduct grades will be lowered"

The whole class audibly groanded.

This is how the class ended. A shitty ending indeed.

On the corridor, a little crowd gathered to ask Cynthia what happened.

According to Cynthia's story, the phones of the whole group have been confiscated. They didn't want to hand them over but Mr Villuti threatened with police intervention if they won't comply. Because of this situation, Giada was now waiting in the headmaster's office for her father, she won't be present in today's classes.

After explaining all that Cynthia sent Sofia a hateful look and she looked like she's about to say something to her but in a split second and her attitude drastically changed. She looked down on the floor as if she was ashamed of herself.

Sofia wanted to understand why the sudden change of behaviour but the moment she looked behind her shoulder the answer was clear: Valentino was standing next to her.