chapter 37

Chapter 37: Second Task

I lost my muse a bit on this chapter after the ritual but I hope you all enjoy it anyway. Heads up... I put some french in here...I apologize if I completely and utterly butchered it.

I don't own Harry Potter, wish I did though.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

"Nightshade communication"

Chapter 37 – Second Task

"He said that he was aiming for Mr. Krum. It would seem that he was jealous that Hermione turned him down only to go with Mr. Krum instead." Severus didn't sound impressed but neither was Harry or the others who sat with them.

"His aiming sucks. What is Ronald's punishment?" Harry growled, eyes glowing with his released magic. He glanced over at the closed bedroom door where the rest of his Pack was sleeping. Severus, Minerva, Sirius, and Remus were sitting with him in their common room. The Yule ball had ended two hours before and the teacher meeting was over. Sirius, Samuel, and a few other Aurors had been summoned to help sort out the mess of one Ronald Weasley.

"Dumbledore protected him a lot. Originally Ron was going to be expelled and have his magic locked away for three years but Dumbledore protested that a bit of jealously and a poor decision shouldn't be so severely punished. He won." Sirius growled too. He was more canine then man some days because of his bond to Remus and his animagus form. That boy hurt one of his pack pups.

Harry heard something behind him shatter, his magic lashing out in his anger. "He got off free?"

"No," Remus, ever the calming voice, reassured him. "He has been suspended for the rest of the year and when he returns next year he will have a tracking and magic monitoring charm on him."

"That's not much," Harry muttered, but it didn't matter. He could take care of Ron even if the boy was outside of Hogwarts.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Harry wanted to let his magic attack the old man. Ever since the Yule Ball Dumbledore had been keeping an eye on Harry's girls. A little to close from what Amara and Nightshade reports. Minerva tried to tell him not to worry, she was keeping a close eyes and ear on the headmaster. She wasn't going to let anything happen to his girls. While Harry trusted his godmother he didn't trust Dumbledore. When he told the founders, they agreed to step up their training. The founders were teaching them how to use their elemental magic and shadow magic in combat. The twins had learned how to combine their fire and wind without burning everything around them and losing control. Neville had taken to carrying seeds on his person. He told them that he saw something in one of Hermione's manga books that he wanted to try to master. Harry and Hermione laughed when he made a rose whip in their last session. Neville cut his own cheek but he was determined to master his new weapon. Ginny was the first one of them to use the shadows as a means of transportation. She had called the shadows to her only for her to somehow fall through them and fall out of a shadow on the other side of the room. The others soon joined her in learning how to manipulate the shadows to transport themselves. Harry had no doubt that they would be ready for anything that Dumbledore threw at them.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, And while you're searching, ponder this; We've taken what you'll sorely miss, An hour long you'll have to look, And recover what we took, But past an hour — the prospect's black, Too late, it's gone, it won't come back." Harry broke the surface of the bath as the whimsical voice faded from the water. Just what he needed, mermaids in the Black lake.