EWEW 9: Bitter Memories

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2015 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.  

Rewritten version of this chapter posted - August 21st 2015.  

** Trigger warning **

The beginning of the chapter is a (traumatizing for Anna) flashback, so please read carefully and at your risk. I had to put stars * in certain words even if they aren't bad words so wattpad wouldn't change my story ratings to R - that way you guys wouldn't be able to read it. I'm also super pleased with all the feedback (and over 20k votes on this story) thank you guys so much! x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

                                                           { Chapter 9 } : Bitter Memories 

      "It will all be okay."

Joey hushed those five words for what seemed like the hundredth time tonight. I still didn't believe him.

I took a shuddering inhale and my boyfriend noticed, his mouth turning down in a frown. Then his jaw rocked from side to side, and I knew he was irritated with me.

I clutched my stomach, fisting the material of my shirt. "Joey, I'm not sure..."

"Anna," he groaned, tossing his head back. Exasperated. He was exasperated. Reaching for his discarded shirt, he went to dress before I stopped him. Guilt flared inside me. "Will you ever be sure? Jesus."

"I-I just don't think it's the right time." I blushed furiously, clenching my hands before I put my short denim skirt back on. "It doesn't feel right."

I never made love to anyone. Ever. There was suppose to be intimacy and Joey and I had intimacy, but just not now. I didn't feel it. I couldn't do this.

Joey's eyes narrowed then ran along the length of my body. I wasn't fully naked but under his perusing gaze, I felt like it.

Every nerve ending in my body was on fire. My toes were curled. Joey Donald had that kind of effect on me.

"There will never be a right time, Anna," he stated flatly. His dark eyes were unreadable as they bore into mine and I hated that. Hated the feeling like I owed him one after tonight. "Do you love me?"

My breath escaped in a rush and that guilt tripled tenfold. He knew I loved him. But I just wasn't ready for this. I was sick to my stomach after running away, and my father's face replayed in my mind over and over and over again... "Yes. Yes, I love you."

We looked at each other for another beat before Joey gave an angry sound and started getting up from his dishevelled bed. I panicked as I watched him fix his mussed hair - hair I'd mussed with my roaming fingers.

I was sprawled on his bed beside him in nothing but my t-shirt, bra and thong - courtesy of Joey. He'd brought me here after my quarrel with my dad. He'd brought me to his room and we made-out like usual and things got heated. Just a little too heated.

We were two pieces of clothing away from crossing the line.

"Forget it, Anna," he growled and I tried to stop him again, while still trying to fix my naked appearance. "I'm beginning to sound like a broken record."

"But I do love you. I love you so much." I was desperate now. Almost begging. He couldn't leave me now. I needed him by my side tonight. I was hurting. He was suppose to take care of me.