four

"And then, you just add this number to–" Heeseung stopped explaining when he saw Areum already asleep in her chair. Her head hung low as it swayed side to side.

He sighed and closed the book, staring at her. He rested his chin on his palm and let out an amused chuckle. He held her chin and slowly brought her head on the table to rest.

"You should've rested your head on the table, you idiot. You'll sprain your neck," he nagged. She was still asleep as she let out soft snores.

He checked his watch, seeing that it already struck 10 pm. He kicked her chair, "Yah, go home."

She flinched in shock and looked at him with startled eyes. "What time is it now?" She asked.

"It's already late. You should go home," he said before tidying up the books for her. He held them close to his chest and waited for her to stand up.

"What are you doing?" She asked with confusion in her voice. "Walking you home, of course," he answered blankly, waiting for her to lead the way.

She scoffed, "Seriously? I can take care of myself."

"It's almost midnight and you know how sexual harassment always happens especially near dark alleys. So, walk alone then," he said and was about to give her the books back but she pushed them.

"Please, walk me home," she nervously smiled. He put on a smirk on his face as he watched her lead the way.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"Have you decided what career you want to take?" Areum asked as she kept her eyes fixed to the ground. Heeseung thought for a while, "I've always wanted to work with the police."

"Really?" She asked, amazed by the answer. "My dad doesn't like me working with the police that much. He wants me to be a politician like him or at least a doctor like my mother," he continued.

She sighed, "My dad doesn't let me be a neurosurgeon. It's because he can't afford medical school. I told him I'll get a part-time job and a scholarship. But it's quite risky if you don't get the scholarship."

"Do you want me to pay the medical school fee for you?" He asked out of the blue. She was taken aback by the question and immediately smack his back, "Yah! Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should waste your money like that. I'm not even part of your family so don't go wasting your money on me."

He let out an amused laugh before turning his gaze to a specific house, "I guess we're here."

She nodded and took back the books from him, "Thanks for walking me home."

He nodded and motioned for her to go inside. She smiled and went into her house. He sighed and buried his hands into the pocket of his hoodie before walking away, admiring the house designs in the neighbourhood.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"I'm home," Heeseung announced as he wore his home slippers. His mother came and smacked his arm, "Where were you? It's already late at night!"

"I was at the convenience store and then I walked Areum home," he told. Her eyes widened out of happiness, "Really? Jung Areum?"

"Why are you so excited?"

"I thought you hated her," she said before following him to his bedroom. "Well, she came to the store with her books so I felt sorry and decided to teach her a bit. Then, she fell asleep so I walked her home."

"Do you like her?"

"No."

Mrs Lee scoffed, "That's what you'll say. But you don't know your feelings deep down."

"I hate her. She's my enemy. I'll make is sure to always beat her in exams."