|CHAPTER EIGHTEEN|

CHANGES - FOR THE BETTER

" I heard you got a perfect 12 NEWTS"

Hogwarts had changed - a lot. New courses had been added - Spell Crafting, Light Magick, Black Magick, Dark Magick, Rituals and Rites, Wizarding Genealogy, Wizarding Customs, Politics, Languages, among the many.

New staff had been introduced and the incompetent ones cough Trelawney, Binns cough had been replaced.

Houses were united. The glorious days of Hogwarts were back.

Hogwarts was back in form - it had regained the title of the prestigious school it once had been.

All of this was possible because one Albus Dumbledore was no more.

Severus Snape, the youngest Headmaster of Hogwarts looked at his office, feeling nostalgic.

His goddaughter would be leaving school today.

(There has been a year's timeskip)

___________________________________________________

The seventh years were joyous. They had all passed their NEWTS, with flying colours. They were ready to step into the world.

Tonight was their farewell ball. They all were very excited. The Minister of Magic would also come today.

_____________________________________________________

The Great Hall looked like a dream come true. It was lavishly decorated.

After a speech by the Headmaster, the ball began.

Hazel grabbed a fruit punch, upset by Marvolo's absence, but not showing it. She had been very sad when he told her that he would not be able to come. She understood that he was busy, but it didn't make the pain any lesser.

She sighed and drank deeply from her goblet.

__________________________________________________________

"May I have this dance, My Lady", came a smooth voice from beyond Hazel.

She turned - her breath caught in her throat. Marvolo was standing there - a beautiful bouquet of red roses in hands. He was wearing a tuxedo and he looked positively god-like.

His sharp features, lean stature, crimson love-filled eyes and a hopeful smile - had Hazel enchanted

His sharp features, lean stature, crimson love-filled eyes and a hopeful smile - had Hazel enchanted. She could not look away. He had stolen her heart away.

She hugged him tightly; he reciprocated.

"You said you were busy", she complained.

"I was. But then I realized that no work is more important than your happiness"

Hazel looked into his eyes, eyes that held nothing but sincerity. She kissed him, smiling when he deepened the kiss.

"Yes", she said simply.

On Marvolo's questioning look, she clarified, "Yes, I'll dance with you"

_____________________________________________

"They swayed to the music, all night. In each other's arms they found comfort, they found themselves. And in each others arms, they would remain. Forever"

"Congrats Haz, you've completed your education. I heard you got a perfect 12 NEWTS", Marvolo said. He smiled when Hazel dropped her head on his chest, tired after hours of dancing. She nodded sleepily.

"What do you plan on doing after Hogwarts? Join the Ministry?"

"You'll see", she replied mischievously.

Marvolo shook his head.

They were standing outside Hogwarts.

Hazel turned to him, "I love you Marv"

"I love you more"

They kissed.

Everything was perfect.

They looked at Hogwarts. it stood tall and proud. The epitome of beauty, of power. The place they both regarded home once. And though it would always remain home, they had found new homes for themselves - one another.

They looked at their school one last time and then together they vanished into air, to their home.

"They were together. Life was good. All thanks to a potion gone wrong!"