Timeout - Matthew

❗️Warning❗️ *mentions of suicidal ideation*

***

I didn't believe the woman in front of me. 

She had lied. 

She definitely wanted to kill me. 

Her killer legs were on display, as well as the lethal slit in her skirt that teased the smallest bit of extra skin underneath those black tights. 

Wait. 

Were they tights, or were they sheer thigh high stockings? 

God, if you're up there, I swear to you I'm trying. 

I told her that I didn't want to go all the way tonight because I was worried about how she was doing after the interview with her father the night before. 

But if she was wearing thigh high stocking tights and no underwear underneath that skirt...

I shook my head. 

"Wine, as requested," I said as my mind finally stopped wandering enough to actually close the damn front door and stride to the kitchen where my beautiful girl was sitting on top of my countertops. 

I gulped down the wavering bits of restraint and handed her a bottle of semi-sweet white wine and watched as her face screwed up in a blanch, twirling her glass a bit more before taking another small sip. 

"It's terrible."

"It's white wine," I said dryly, eyes still firmly latched onto her legs, and she seemed to notice that was where my thoughts were going. 

"Well, why don't you escort me to your living room and pick a movie.  I'll even be nice and let you decide what we're watching, since I just came over without asking first."

"You don't even have to ask, Elodie.  Just maybe a heads-up next time--there was a three day old pizza box on the counter and a cereal bowl in the sink that I'm pretty sure was molding before I finally washed it out."

Her twinkling laughter filled my ears as she set her glass down and reached for me with her arms, draping them over my shoulders as she brought me in for a hug and settled her entire weight on me. 

My breath hitched as she rested her cheek against my shoulder and I realized that this was a hug for comfort, not for other things, that the thing between my legs was desperately begging me to act on despite the fact that I most definitely wanted to keep tonight as platonic as possible. 

But as her body wrapped itself around me like I was her everything, I realized that would be a very hard decision to stick to. 

"Elodie, are you okay?"