15

*Leighton's POV*

"MOM!" I screamed, my brother holding me tight against his chest. 

"Leighton, they'll help her. It's okay! Think of the baby, you can't be getting this stressed all the time. You'll lose the baby" He said in a stern tone and I nodded, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

He was right, but being helpless made waiting feel like pure agony.

"No! We have to help her!" I sobbed, the idea of my mother not having a heartbeat made it feel like the ground collapsed beneath me, and I was falling multiple stories to my death.

She's my whole world. My sun, moon, and stars. I can't lose her, or my universe won't make sense! I rubbed the tattoos on my finger, praying to god that she will be okay.

She's a fighter. She's done this once, she can do it again.

"Leigh we can't lose mom, and her grandbaby on the same day. Breathe with me. She's in the safest place we could've brought her to. They'll help her. They'll help mom, now let me help you" Logan did some deep breathing with me and I eventually calmed down. My heart rate is slowing down.

I watched a group of nurses walk out of her room with relieved looks, walking away from us.

That had to be a good sign, right?

Logan had gotten a nurse to grab me a cold water bottle, and I was clutching it for the life of me.

We approached the room and my dad was holding my mom's hand and I could see his cheeks were wet as the doctor moved her limbs so they didn't stiffen.

I couldn't fathom how hard that was for him to watch. How much pain he had to be in right now.

"Please tell me she's okay" I spoke, causing him to look at me.

"She'll be okay sweetheart" He nodded, pulling me into a hug, letting me cry on his shoulder. "She's a fighter Leigh. She'll be okay" He reassured me and I nodded, my nose sniffling.

We heard someone clear their throat, and a new nurse was in the room, the doctor standing next to her.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Fox's night nurse. I'm going to do a routine check up, so if you could please step out for a second" She gave us a small smile, walking over to check vitals, a clipboard in hand.

"Mrs. Fox is fighting really hard right now, but I have hope. I don't know what you guys believe in, but however you like to wish someone the best, please do it for her. We really want her to wake up by tomorrow, or she could suffer long term amnesia" Her doctor said and I nodded, trying to pull myself together.

Logan, my dad and I all walked out, standing outside her door.

I asked Logan how his home life was doing, and he grinned, telling me they were thinking about getting a puppy.

"Oh, so I get a baby, and you get a puppy?" I asked and he nodded, his face looking like a little boy on Christmas morning. 

"We're debating between a rottweiler and a golden retriever" He kept grinning and I shook my head, a slight laugh escaping my lips 

"How basic of you" I teased

"How is that basic?" He laughed and I smirked. "All you need a son and a daughter and you're the wholesome American family"

"I love Aunt Ginger's rotty, and I kind of want one" He spoke, seeming like he was trying to convince me.

"Yeah, she always had the best dogs. I was talking about the Golden Retrievers though. The basic American family dog" I giggled. "Anyway, let me know what you decide. I can't wait to play with the little snug bug" I grinned and the door next to us opened, the nurse leaving the room.