|CHAPTER NINETEEN|

BLOSSOMING LOVE

"You know, it is according to the future"

"Healer Potter, Minister Riddle-Slytherin is asking for you"

Healer Potter took off her coat and went to meet her lover.

It had been 4 years since her graduation, 5 since Dumbledore's death.

A lot had changed. For starters, Marvolo was the Minister of Magic and the public loved him, ironic as they once feared him.

And Hazel, surprisingly, had decided to become a Healer. Most people had expected her to be an Auror. But not Marvolo. He had just smiled, hugged her and said, "I'm proud of you" when she told everyone what she wanted to be.

_______________________________

Marvolo had apparated her to a fancy restaurant in France. They had completed their lunch and were taking a walk through the gardens.

It was evening now, the moon had risen.

"Hazel, I love you", Marvolo said, out of nowhere.

"I love you too but where did this come out from, all of a sudden?"

"And I want to spend all my life with you"

Hazel was very surprised by Marvolo's sudden change in mood.

She was even more shocked when he asked her to close her eyes.

____________________________________

"Ok! You can open your eyes"

She did and her hands went to her face. She could not think, not understand, not speak.

Marvolo was in front of her, on one knee. A glistening ring in his hands.

"I do not have it in me to speak that long speech I prepared. My nervousness has made me forget it. But I do know that you are the only one I want to spend my life with. I love you Hazel. Be mine! Let me be yours! Marry me?"

She could just nod. She extended her left hand and he put on that shining ring on her ring finger.

"You're trapped with me forever now", Marvolo joked.

She shook her head and kissed him hard.

"I would not have it another way!"

They were engaged.

___________________________________________________

Hazel was a mess. She paced around her room nervously. It was the day she would get bonded.

Her friends tried, in vain, to pacify her but their words had no effect on her.

It had been a year since Marvolo had proposed. She was 22 now and ready to live her life with Marvolo, as her husband.

___________________________________________________

Marvolo stood in front of her. Their hands clasped.

"I, Tom Marvolo Riddle Slytherin, promise to take you, Hazel Lily Potter, to be my partner for life. I promise to walk by your side forever, to care for, help, and encourage you in all that you do. I will share your laughter and your tears as your husband, lover, and best friend. Wear this ring as a token of my promise, a promise that will never be broken for as long as I shall live."

He slipped a ring onto her finger.

"I, Hazel Lily Potter, take you, Tom Marvolo Riddle Slytherin, to be my partner from now until the end of time. I take you as you are, loving who you are now and who you are yet to become. I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support. I will celebrate your triumphs and mourn your losses as though they were my own. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep. Wear this ring as a token of my vow, unbreakable until the day I die."

She slipped his ring into his finger and they were bound, for life.
__________________________________________________

They stood in front of a cosy cottage in Spain. It was their honeymoon and they planned to make the most of it.

They entered into the bedroom and they looked into each other. The tiredness from the ceremony had changed to energy. Love and adoration was there but for once lust and desire overrode them. They had waited so long.

They collapsed into the bed, in each others arms, ripping off their clothes.

All night, they were up, settling their lustful feelings for one another. Their frantic love making continued all night, but it was to be expected...

It was their wedding night after all.

______________________________________________

Marvolo and Hazel were back to Slytherin Manor, they had made most of their time in Spain, Rome and Switzerland.

Hermione and Ginny were about to question Hazel, when the number of love bites on both Hazel and Marvolo's necks answered all their questions. They had slept together, and most probably each and every day.

__________________________________________

3 months later

Hazel was in the bathroom. Marvolo was outside - very worried. This was the fifth time Hazel had thrown up this week.

A faint 'Marvolo' made him run inside. Hazel was half lying on the floor, blue smoke coming out of her wand.

Marvolo dropped to his knees. He looked at her, she nodded to answer his silent question. He hugged her tightly.

No words were needed. They both knew what the blue smoke meant. All the symptoms connected - mood swings, throwing up and the timing.

"You know, it is according to the future. I had asked him his birth date", Marvolo said.

Hazel just nodded and buried her head in his chest.

It would be a tough nine months, but then they would have a precious baby boy in their arms. He would be worth the pains.

_______________________________________

9 months later

Hazel lay in the hospital bed, her hospital's bed. She was now the co-head of St. Mungos.

But currently, she was exhausted. Her child was very stubborn. He had taken nearly 20 hours to get out.

Marvolo was carrying him, looking at him in love, adoration and admiration. He could not believe that he had created that tiny human.

Hazel's family and friends came in. The baby was passed and adored by everyone.

"His name shall be Erus Charlus Potter-Slytherin"

The first Dark Prince had been born.

"Hermione, Ron, Draco and Astoria would you be godparents for Erus?", Hazel questioned.

"We would be honoured."

"Hazel hugged Marvolo, their first child nestled between his parents"

The future was coming true.