Deja Vu

{Song Guide: Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo}

Back into the slowness of time as she watched all around her different realities meshing into one. The loudness of voices erupting from every single area around her. She watched as the colors multiplied and the circle began to narrow as she suddenly felt arms wrap around her waist, pulling her out. 

She yelped as she was now once again falling with someone's arms around her. She heard the sudden web noise from behind her and felt relieved as they made it to the ground safely. 

Her feet reached the ground as she turned around asking, "Please, tell me you know what is going o-"

Her voice trailed off as she looked wide eyed as it was her Peter, except the one from the past once again. 

He pulled his mask off and said, "What the fuck! Where did you disappear to? And why were you flying out of the sky? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"

She opened her mouth not knowing what to say as suddenly she felt arms grasp her once again, but this time it was Peter #1. 

She smacked him and said, "Where the hell were you?"

They landed on top of a rooftop and said, "Did you experience that whole time travel thing?"

She waved her hands and asked, "Peter, you're the only one who knows this Strange person. What does he... or what do they want with me?"

He shook his head as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. 

He shrugged and said, "Okay, so I think we're going to be traveling through universes so bad Strange can't get to us."

She nodded and said, "That still doesn't answer my question."

They both jumped up hearing someone land behind them on the rooftop as her Peter from the past spoke, "Okay, can you both stop doing that!"

Peter #1 and Nat turned around. Nat looked at Peter #1 frustrated as she motioned for him to speak. 

Peter #1 cleared his throat and spoke in a deeper tone than usual, "I am the Spider-Mans of all Spider-Mans. I come from a different world."

Nat rubbed her head embarrassed at this point. The embarrassment only lasted for a second as suddenly the sun overtook the sky, and the brightness overwhelmed them until it was gone and now they were in front of a large clock tower. 

It was night time as they both began to hear voices shutter through the dark skies. 

They looked up as they found her Peter yelling up at Harry Osborne who was holding a blonde girl. 

Gwen Stacey. 

Nat's face dropped as everything around her began spinning. She knew the time of even they had traveled to. 

She grasped onto Peter #1 and said, "You have to go up there, you have to help him!"

Peter shook his head and said, "What are you talking about?"

Nat cried as she pushed doors open breaking through the Clock Tower. She yelled at Peter #1, "You have to save her, Peter!"

He shook his head again and he said, "We can't mess with reality, Nat!"

They both looked up as they heard a smashing noise whilst glass fell over them. Peter #1 pulled her under him so she couldn't get cut by the glass. 

They both looked up to the inevitable. Nat's eyes watched as what had once been her Peter's lover hang by a web above them. 

She turned to Peter #1 and grabbed him from the collar of his spider-suit, "You have to save her, do you hear me?"

He took his mask off and said, "I can't, and neither can you."

She shook her head in anger as she punched Peter #1 in the chest repeatedly screaming, "Fucking save her!" 

They both looked up trying to dodge the debris of broken clockwork falling towards them.

Time slowed down, as they saw this innocent girl falling towards them. The most bitter sweet moment of when time slows down. Having all the power in your grasp to change what happens next. 

Nat's face looked up in complete horror and pain knowing what this event had done to her Peter. She ran towards the area Gwen would've hit the ground in hopes to catch her. 

Even if this meant losing him at least he would never have to go through the pain of losing Gwen Stacey. 

She reached her arms up as she felt Peter #1's arms grab her from behind. 

He cried, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

He picked her up as he ran backwards with Nat in his arms. They both broke through the doors as they fell to the floor. Nat yelling at Peter #1 cussing him out in pain for her Peter. 

She cried as she pushed away from him walking up to the doors. She peaked through a broken gap in the door as she saw him holding her in his arms. 

She bawled as she saw the pain he was in, the way he screamed in anger, in sadness, in disbelief, in pain, in agony. 

She placed her hand up on the door as she cried to herself, "I'm so sorry, I-I'm so sorry."

Every bit of his pain was now one with her. A moment now forever engraved to her head the same way it had been in his head for all this time. 

A heart breaking moment she wished could never exist in any universe. 

She wanted to go run to him. To tell him everything would be okay. To be able to hold him in her arms and just cry together. 

Peter #1 put a hand on her shoulder as she roughly pushed it away and said, "Do you have any idea what pain like that feels like? The feeling of losing the love of your life in your fucking arms?"

Peter took a few steps back and shook his head. 

He mumbled through a shaky voice, "Nat, we've all lost someone close to us... It's what makes us the hero we are. Please..."

She looked up at him and saw the tears welling in his eyes and said, "I can't do this. I can't see him this hurt and just sit here and do nothing. Why does this hurt so much?"

She fell to the ground as she cried into her hands as Peter #1 joined her wrapping his arms around her. 

He whispered, "Because you love him."

And for once this pain eating away at her was all for love. The unfamiliar love she had let herself feel for a man she still couldn't quite fully remember. 

Because that was her Peter Parker. 

The love of her life. 

The man that made her whole story. 

The man she will remember. 

She pushed away from Peter #1 and asked, "I just want to remember."

His eyes filled with sadness as he said, "I'm so sorry. I did this to you."

She shook her head and said, "No, he did this to us."

She had now realized who was the true villain of the story. 

Doctor Strange.