15

Stay

'That was brave of you.'

"Namjoon, last chance! Do you want to do this?" Bang PD asked for what seemed the thousandth time! Namjoon took a deep breath before looking the CEO straight in the eye.

"Yes! That last thing I want is lying about my soulmate." He said, smiling softly. "You boys are leaving for the States tomorrow, anyway. The timing couldn't be perfect! I'll notify the PR team. You best post a letter to the fans, explaining the situation."

Namjoon nodded before exiting the CEO's room. Mishil was sitting there, her eyes fixated on the floor. Her foot was bouncing against the tiled floor, creating a continuous tapping noise. "We're clear." Namjoon smiled, lending a hand to help her up.

She left a sigh of relief and slid her palm into his own. She was nervous at the same time! In 48 hours, she got cornered by the paparazzi and fans. And now she was going public with her soulmate. Who just happened to be the leader of the biggest boyband in the world. She was going to the United States for the first time in her life. Because her boyfriend and his group had a concert there.

BTS had to start the extended part of the LYS tour, and the time couldn't be much more convenient. They could drop the bomb, leave the country, and hope that when they all come back home, the after-effects would be bearable.

"Are you nervous?" He asked, climbing in the car behind her. They had their fingers intertwined, healing as they headed back to the dorms. They had roughly 4 hours before Big Hit released the official statement. After that, sheer chaos would unfold!

"I am but, it had to happen someday. So, I'm prepared." She smiled, squeezing his hand.
"Mish, listen to me carefully." Namjoon had taken the liberty to shorten his girlfriend's name and let's just, every time he addressed her that way, her stomach felt funny.

"After the news gets out, people will be cruel. They say whatever they want just because they have nothing else to do. I just wanna tell you that, do not pay heed to anything those people say. That does not change what we have. You are my soulmate and my girlfriend. I don't care what anyone says."

Namjoon's mini monologue teared Mishil up. She knew what the consequences of going public were. Her boyfriend was an international superstar and was adored by thousands of people across the globe.

Even though the soulmate bond was under no one's control but as if that would shut people's mouths up. Just because they had nothing better to do, they hurt others.

But none of that mattered. All that mattered to them was Namjoon. As long Namjoon trusted her, haters could go and find another way to entertain their twisted humour.
It was like the others in the dorm were stand-by around the door, at a ready-to-pounce the soulmates with questions.
Because that's exactly what happened. Namjoon and Mishil could barely get two steps into the dorm before getting bombarded with questions!

"How'd it go?" "Are we going to the US?" "Are you guys going public?"
"Are you in trouble? "Is everything alright?" "Did Bang PD yell at you? "Is Mishil coming with us?"

At that particular moment, the soulmates found their friends were scarier than the media!
They had successfully 'mobbed' them better than any paparazzi could. Manager Sejin had taken quite some time to calm the bunch of over-curious kids, and they finally settled down on the couch.

"Tour's still on," Namjoon announced first things first. The members seemed to care less about what happened with the tour. "Not the tour, Namjoon Hyung! Are you guys alright?" Jimin asked, curiosity clear on his face.