thirty-eight

TW: mentions of domestic violence

"That bitch is not stepping a foot in here," Jora stated as she put the food out for us

The group chuckled as we tried to come up with a safe place to meet up with Roxy. " I saw a cafe on the way over here," Sade said from Derrick's lap. " Maybe we could go there instead."

I chewed on my thumbnail as I pondered the idea. I had no reason to trust this girl whatsoever. She could be lying and setting me up for all that I knew. But if she has any evidence against Edwards, then I'll need all of it that I can get to build a strong case against him.

The group looked at me as I tilted my head in agreement. " Whatever, that's fine with me," I agree as they take her off of mute. Sade tells her the name of the low key cafe while the rest of us dig into the food really quickly.

" Are we all going?" I asked as I cut into my empanadas after hanging up with Roxy. We agreed on letting up in about an hour, which gave us all enough time to eat before leaving.

" Yeah," Jora was quick to say." I don't trust that bitch as far as I could throw her." The table all mumbled in agreement as we passed around the dishes of food that Jora cooked.

" This is so good, Kitty Kat," Rhegan compliments as she cuts another empanada in half. The boys perk up at the use of Rhegan's personal nickname for Jora. Rhegan was the one who found out Jora's full name somehow.

" Why Kitty K—" Jora was quick to cover Xander's mouth, giving him a sharp warning glare as he closed his mouth.

" Catalina is one of her middle names so I call her Kitty Kat," Rhegan looks up from her food, glaring at the boys."Only I get to call her Kitty Kat."

Yeah— she was still a little bit tipsy.

I slowly reached over and took her margarita, finding it half full. Shrugging my shoulders, I placed my lips to the rim of the can and chugged it down. Feeling a stare on my face, I turn to see Kyler eyeing me with a watchful eye.

" What?" I question as I pat my chest, feeling a slight burn rise. " I need a little liquid courage if I'm meeting up with the devil's bride."

Kyler shook his head in amusement, gaze glittering around the room before landing on Jora who was in deep conversation with Sade. "Where is the bathroom?" He cleared his throat as he stood up.

" There's one down the hall," Skylar answers,"it's the first door on the right."

Kyler thanked her before heading off towards the nearest bathroom. " Sky, can you show him so he doesn't get lost?" Jora asked with an innocent bat to her lashes." You know he's good for getting lost." Skylar removed herself from Marcus's lap and followed behind her brother.

Once she was out of earshot distance, Jora leaned forwards and pulled out her phone."Okay, I already have a club picked out for the twins' birthday," she says as she scrolls on her phone. " Does anyone have any objections?"