Chapter Eight-The Walk

Lord Sheppard Fitzhume walked down the cobbled road. He smelt the fresh air in his lungs...and sighed. He knew of the account of terror of Lord Andrew Mulhaven and Lady Andrea Mulhaven, but their distress didn't faze the Lord.

      He was a man who grew up with a sense of duty...and power.

        Clement Fitzhume, his father, 42, was a clock maker. Jenny Fitzhume, 41, was a dress maker. They did want every couple did: They were educated. They went through life without a care in the World. But, unlike other couples, they were aloof. And prone to disturbing night behaviors that chilled peoples' blood. They summoned the spirits with seances.

           And, as their obsession continued, the dead spirits came out from The Other Side to The Real World.

             And, when their debt of favor was broken, the ghosts of Sheppard Bridge vented their anger to those who betrayed them...

             ...With death.

But the Lord was oblivious to what happened 20 years' ago in 1646.

              As he walked onward, he heard a girl's giggling.

              He turned around...but he saw noone.

               Suddenly he saw a little girl stab herself in the chest with a small knife. Blood splattered down her red colored dress.

                 "Go to us, False Lord! Do not betray us...for we came here from the Otherworld by your parents...Do not fail us...Because we will cause death to those who dwell at Sheppard Bridge...and Sheppard Bridge Manor'", it laughed.

                  And then it vanished in the darkness...even though it was a clear, and sunny, London morning.

                   Lord Sheppard Fitzhume screamed...and collapsed onto the cobbled ground near the garden.

                    And, within seconds, he gripped his heart with his right hand...And died.

Page 8