THIRTY TWO

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

AN: TEC finally reached over 100k reads and I am so pleased with this books growth. 2022 for me is going to be able celebrating every little achievement and being grateful for everything! Please don't forget to vote for this chapter x

 2022 for me is going to be able celebrating every little achievement and being grateful for everything! Please don't forget to vote for this chapter x

The day after our joint training, the perimeter was searched thoroughly and the pack wolves were out to find any other trespassers. I gave myself the day off as I had ripped one of the rogue's throats out, even though they weren't good for this world, killing people does take its toll on you.

At the time it's liberating, adrenaline runs through every vein in your body. But then after, you sit and think. It eats you alive. You took someone's life from them. I understand that if you don't do anything then it can cost your life, that's what helps me to accept what I had done.

Kassian told me that it gets easier but the only other person I intended to kill was my mother. And I knew that I would feel absolutely no remorse seeing her struggle and beg for mercy.

Oh that would be the dream.

My mind replays the scenario over in my head until I'm smiling with pure happiness.

It was a quiet afternoon in the pack house, most wolves were out prowling with Kassian and Mace. Detecting any scents and tracking where they came from, if they need to protect themselves further.

I found myself endlessly walking through the pack house, noticing the door to the library was slightly ajar. My feet take slow steps towards the light and I pull back the door, slipping through down the stairs.

Once my foot reaches the bottom step, my eyes gravitate to Ripley who was sat in the corner with a book on the table. His eyes snap up from the pages and look back at me.

"Hey," I say a little too loudly, hearing my own voice echo off the walls.

"Hi," he responds timidly.

I walk towards him and perch myself down onto the chair opposite him, he watches me carefully as he attempts to close the book. Then he winces and reaches for his shoulder, I frown instantly.

"How's the healing?" I question as I look at his shoulder.

The rogue had bitten into his flesh deeply, but the joy of being a wolf is that you heal quickly.

Ripley nods. "Sore but it's better than it was." His voice comes out quietly.

I nod back to him and let the library fall into silence.

"T-Thanks for coming to help," he says after a few moments. "That's why I don't train. I put us at risk."

"You didn't put us at risk," I shake my head instantly. "How are you expected to get better if you don't practice and take part?"