Chapter 3

Timi did not go straight home. Instead, he stopped at Jason's house. Jason and Timi had been looking forward to actually being intimate with each other ever since they had their first kiss in JSS3.

They were both on the bed, with Jason on top of Timi. Jason gently caressed Timi as the two passionately kissed. Jason went down while slowly unzipping Timi's trouser before Timi abruptly stopped him.

"This is wrong" Timi zipped back up.

"What?" Jason asked.

"Everything. Me. You. We're both boys. We shouldn't be doing this."

"After all these years what changed your mind all of a sudden? was it the seminar?" Jason asked while stepping closer to Timi in an attempt to seduce him.

Timi pushed Jason off of him "We're not 14 anymore. We can't keep doing this, what's your plan when we get older? What? We're going to get married? that can't happen, we're in Nigeria bro!" Timi raised his voice, but fortunately, no-one was around to hear him.

"So what? How does it affect them ?"

"It's not about them! I'm doing this because of my own morals"

"I didn't know you became such a devoted Christian" Jason said sarcastically.

"I know I'm not, but what we're doing is a crime, it isn't normal!" Timi said, Jason shed a tear.

"If loving you is a crime, then I'm a malefactor" Jason wiped his tear. Timi ignored him and walked away.

The following morning, Stephanie was sitting in class, resting her head on her desk, with her phone in her hand underneath, trying to read a book on Wattpad without being noticed. She was waiting for her friends to arrive before class started, but they were late. She wasn't surprised that Zuriel was running behind schedule, but it was unusual for Jason and Timi to be so late. Stephanie started to worry about where they might be and why they were taking so long to get to school. She tried to focus on the words on her screen, but her thoughts kept wandering to her friends and what might be keeping them.

Lekan, sitting behind her, began to pull her braids. Stephanie tried to ignore him, hoping he would stop, but he did not. Beamer came to her rescue and said, "Lekan, have sense." He sat on the desk of the chair Stephanie was on, and Lekan rolled his eyes before leaving the two of them alone.

After Lekan left, Stephanie raised her head looking at Beamer, "I thought he wouldn't stop. Look at him. fool!" Stephanie insulted Lekan.

Beamer laughed and grabbed her phone to see what Stephanie was reading. He asked scrolling, "What are you reading?"

Stephanie forcefully collected her phone back and said, "Nothing." Trying to exit the app.

However, Beamer bent his head to look at the cover of the book on her phone and saw two guys kissing. He asked, "Is this about gays?" but Stephanie did not respond.

Beamer said, "Oh, wow! Interesting," and backed away. Stephanie nodded and smiled at him.

Jason arrived in class, and Stephanie kept her phone in her pocket to go talk to him but his response seemed off, confusing her.

During break, Jason was walking past the pavilion alone when he was called over by Zino.

"How is your sister doing? Do you know when she's coming back?" Zino asked.

"No," Jason responded hurriedly, as if he had somewhere to be.

"Where are you rushing to?"

"Nowhere," Jason replied.

"What's with all this attitude?"

"Sorry," Jason apologized.

"Anyways, do you know where Timi is?"

"I don't know," Jason replied.

Zino got angry, but held himself back from doing anything to Jason because he was his friend. He dismissed Jason and they went their separate ways.

Jason, Timi, and Stephanie were seated in the garden without Zuriel, and it appeared that there was some tension between Jason and Timi. It was unclear what the cause of this tension was, but it was obvious that something was going on between the two of them. They were sitting awkwardly and not interacting as they normally would, suggesting that there was some sort of issue between them.

Stephanie asked, "Why aren't you guys talking?" Before either of them could respond, Beamer came and sat with them.

"What's up?" Beamer said.

"Fine," Stephanie responded. "Wait, is your name actually Beamer?"

"Nah, it's a nickname," Beamer answered.

"Why? Who gave you the nickname?" Stephanie asked.

"I think it's because his dad owns a BMW," Jason stated, causing Beamer to burst into laughter.

"That's not why," Beamer explained, and went on to reveal his real name and the story behind his nickname.

Zuriel had apparently been spending her break trying to locate Tope. She entered Tope's classroom and inquired about her whereabouts, but was informed that Tope had not been present in class since the end of the 4th period. This news seemed to surprise Zuriel, who had been hoping to find Tope in class.

"Well, you guys are lucky then. The two of you can copy my notes," Zuriel said to Chika and Malik.

Zuriel took out her notes and gave them one each, along with a pen, while she took a seat and a desk to rest her head. They began copying her notes, but stopped when they noticed that Zuriel had dozed off.

"I was joking with you that time o" Malik said to Chika.

"What time?" Chika asked.

"When I called you 'babe'." Malik continued. "Olamide is a fool. I was just doing it to frustrate him. Sorry if you got offended."

"No problem" Chika smiled.

The 7th period began, and Mr. Jeffery, their English teacher, entered the classroom. The students in the class stood up and banged on their desks in a show of respect "Good afternoon Sir! You're welcome to SS2 science class, God bless you sir! Amen sir!"
the noise and commotion of the class greeting Mr. Jeffery was enough to wake Zuriel up.

"Zuriel, is this your class?" Mr. Jeffery asked rhetorically. Zuriel apologized and quickly gathered her notes and pens before leaving the classroom.