Chapter 77- The Love

Ahad's POV

"Ahad, what's wrong with her?" Chang yelled as he tried to wake Tara up.

I was now sweating profusely, panicking every second.

"To the ER". I said to the driver and he took fast turns immediately.

"Tara, get up". I yelled as I tried to shake her body.

"Tara". Chang cried and placed her head in his lap.

"Try to spray water on her". I said as I passed him the water bottle.

He nodded and sprayed some water on Tara's face.

No response, not even a twitch.

I gulped.

"What the fuck happened?" I said and pushed my hair back.

"She was fine just now". Chang said still trying to wake Tara up.

I sighed and asked the driver to go faster. My heart could come out any minute now, with trembling hands I dialled a number.

"Hey, El". I said gathering strength.

"Tara got sick, we are heading to the ER, come soon". I said and there was silence on the other side.

"Ok". Tara's younger brother said after a minute.

"It's nothing serious right?" He immediately asked.

"N-No". I said as I took a view of a very unconscious Tara laying on Chang's lap.

I hung up not long after.

"I hope not". I mumbled and my eyes caught a glimpse of the coffee cup placed on the backseat.

"Coffee". I yelled and Chang immediately lifted the cup up from the seat.

"There must be something wrong with this". I yelled again.

Chang looked at me with wide eyes and immediately handed me the cup.

I took it in my hand and lifted it up to my eye level.

"We're here". The Driver said and I immediately came back to my senses.

"Come on". I said to Chang and we rushed inside the ER with Tara on the stretcher.

My heart couldn't possibly beat faster. I took a seat outside the ER with a coffee cup in one hand and the other on my chest. My vision was blurry and my head hurts.

Chang came and took a seat next to me after walking anxiously outside the ER for a hot minute.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay". He said to me definitely looking more worried than me.

I nodded.

"Should we call her parents?" He asked and texted someone.

"I already called El". I said and took a pause.

"I texted Papa too". I added and placed the coffee cup next to me.

After around 5 minutes, El was already in the ER. He looked very anxious but he would never admit that he was worried about his sister for once.

I looked up to the ceiling of the waiting lobby and closed my eyes.

"Not Tara". I mumbled and a tear flowed out of my right eye. I immediately wiped it off with my thumb.

"Is everything alright?" A familiar voice said standing over my head. I immediately opened my eyes.

"Papa". I said and stood up.

"Any news?" He said as he placed a hand on El's shoulder to comfort him.

I shook my head.

"Tara Takhvir?" A voice said from behind. It was the ER Doctor.

I immediately turned towards the direction and nodded my head.

"It's a drug overdose". He said and that made our jaw drop.

"Doctor, how is she?" El immediately asked as if he didn't care about the cause but only about his sister. His one and only.

Doctor shook his head and answered, "Unconscious".

"Did she take any medicines?" The Doctor asked me and I could only shake my head to deny.

He sighed.

"Did she eat anything?" He asked and my eyes immediately went towards the coffee cup placed on the seat.

I picked it up and extended it towards him.

He looked confused and took the cup.

"We will have to call the cops, it seems intentional". He said and we all nodded.

I immediately plopped on the bench and took my face in my hands.

"That motherfucker". I said and stomped my feet like a child.

"Tara". El mumbled and my Father gave him a look of assurance.

--

"You guys can leave, I'm here". I said to Tara and my parents sitting outside the ICU still waiting for Tara to get conscious.

They all looked gloomy, too gloomy to even see me standing there.

"No". Tara's father sternly said.

Papa gave me a look and pursued him.

"My child". Tara's mother was now crying for 5 hours.

"It is almost 12, the hospital will kick you out maa". El said and made her stand up.

"I will not leave". Tara's Dad was not ready.

"Uncle, trust me. I'm here. You guys need rest". I said and that made him finally stand.

He abruptly came towards me and hugged me a goodbye.

"Take care". My mother said as he left the hospital with others.

"Take care of her". El said as he left with his parents.

"Chang you can leave too". I said turning towards Chang who stood outside the ICU leaning by the door.

He nodded and walked towards the exit of the hospital.

I took a deep sigh and sat on the bench right outside the ICU.

"I told you to be careful Tara". I said as I remembered the talk that I had with the cops today.

"We went to the Starbucks for the enquiry, turns out that the barista added drugs to Tara's coffee because she was jealous that Tara was involved with some BTS". The cop said as he read the statement made by the 20 year old Starbucks barista when he catched her at her house trying to run away.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard footsteps approaching me.