Epilogue

Ilhaam's POV:

The thing I came clear with in these years was EQUALITY. Equality between Allah's creation. Maybe he has tested me, but there will be Musawat (equality) on the day of judgement. He doesn't let us down. And we shouldn't let him down. Maybe he wanted me to reach a level of patience, a level of deeds or maybe he wanted to cut off my sins by testing me. Whatever it was, I pray every time that the Almighty forgives me for my past sins.

Another thing because of which, I named my story Musawat was, after every hardship there is ease. And it is true for everyone. Which is also a kind of equality. Equality from our Creator. He tests. He rewards. He gives. He blesses. For Allah we live and to him we return, for another round of Musawat after which we will be provided either Paradise or hell according to our deeds. Equality of judging everyone, on the day of judgement.

Blessings! One...Patience. There was a time when I would curse myself for not having anyone to rely on, to cherish, to spoil, to love...but only I know how much I regret it, regret being ungrateful. Because after knowing the reward of patience, I wished for my Allah to test me again and I will be patient through that test.

Two...Azferene. She showed me the right path. I was lost. Lost in my own world, without knowing what I was missing. Although I met her through Safdar, she is one of the most precious things that happened to me.

Three...Safdar. I didn't have parents from as far as I remembered. Neither sister nor any friends. I met him. And he disappeared. Disappeared after opening gates to my heavens. My parents. I met Azferene through him. Khalid and Gulabo became my friends because of him. And I walked on the path of Allah because of him. His love, inclination towards his religion, always had me itching everywhere. Leaving me restless. So even though he thinks that Azferene was my way towards Allah I won't tell him ever. Now why would I boost his already boosted attitude. As if!

Four...Mama-Baba. The two most important words, yet foreign to me for more than two decades. I love them so much that I don't even have words to describe it. I just know, Jannah lies in the feet of my mother and my father was a gate to it.

Five...the tiny little thing nourishing in my body. Yup! I am 8 months pregnant with mine and Safdar's second child. My first born, Abdul Haalim Safdar Hamdani...yup I went for that name, you should have seen Haroon's face! It was hilarious. He is almost three years old. His birthday was coming this week...and that means a celebration. He was spoiled would be an understatement. He had everyone wrapped around his tiny finger. I can't even imagine what they would do with the second one. It would be worse if she will be a girl. My family loves girls! To another level.

Alhumdulillah...life has been good. I am no more nameless Ilhaam. I am Ilhaam Hamdani. Proud daughter of Mr. Wajahat and beautiful wife of Safdar Hamdani. A sister of a pretty soul and a mother to a sweetheart. It would be less no matter how much I thank Allah. I didn't ever wish for happily ever after, I just wanted a happy ending. But as we all know, we can't ever predict Allah's plan. He is the writer of our story. How can he differentiate between our happiness? Doesn't he give us what we deserve? Or even more than that?

We just have to do what Allah has sent us on Earth to do. Your problems, anxiety, depression, stress? Name anything, Allah had it planned you out of it. Trust Allah.

Isn't this something too where Musawat applies? The equality of giving what we deserve on the basis of our deeds?

May Allah bestow his blessings on us and protect us from unseen. May he forgive us for our past sins and bless us enough to walk on the right path.

××××××××××

"What are you doing?" He asked her, laying his head on her lap, when she instantly shut down her laptop.