Should I get used to this warmth?

Sana Dixit

"Yaar, why is weather like this? It is soo cold!" I said getting out of Vedant's car.

"There is some cyclone thing going on which is going to cross through our city. The weather forecast said it is going to be like this for a few days." He said encircling his arms around my shoulder.

"By that time, I'll be freezing." I said pulling the coat more tight.

He just laughed at it and the moment we entered our living room I heard an unwanted voice.

"Aunty, I thought why not gift him something. It is a big day for him tomorrow." I heard Kavya's voice.

"What is she doing over here now?" I asked irritated.

"Calm down. You don't need to get hyper because of her." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yess Mr-be-always-calm!" I mocked him and we saw that everyone was sitting in the living room.

"Ohh Ved, you're here." Kavya said smiling and walking towards us.

Yess!
His wife is here too!

She held his hand and pulled him inside as if he was going to stand here as a statue.

And that stupid calm ass went with her.
I was walking towards them gritting my teeth.

"Bhabhi, calm down. Mom would create a scene if you say anything to Kavya." Ishana whispered and I just nodded.

I just want to hold her by her neck and drag her out of this house.

"I've got a gift for you." She said to Vedant and he said,

"Gift what for?" He asked sitting on the couch.

"Aree, what do you mean by what for? You're going to finally achieve what you've thrived for all these years. So, I got you a gift." She said smiling wide.

"Can I break a few teeth of hers?" I asked Ishu and she just chuckled.

"Bhabhi, she can do no harm to you both. So just chill!" Aditya said standing beside me.

"Take a chill? Her face infuriates me! Fucking bitch." I said through gritted teeth while she was busy showing showing him the box and he was just smiling.

Isko toh main kamre mein dekh lungi!
Aaya bada daat phad ke has raha hai use dekh ke!

"I envy you! Because you can call her a bitch before Bhai." Aditya said pouting.

"Ved, tell me naa did you like it?" She asked sitting extremely close beside him.

"Thank you. It is really nice." He said with a small smile.

"You have to wear it tomorrow! No options given." She said as if she is his wife.

I just stood there gritting my teeth and balling my hands in fists.

"Kavya but— Ved started but his mom interrupted him.

"Itne pyaar se leke aayi hai pehen le na."

I just rolled my eyes at their family drama and left for my room.

"Sana." I heard Kavya calling me.

She came towards me and whispered,
"Don't you have anything to say to me today? Awww. Poor you. Tomorrow when Ved will wear that tie you'll come to know that I mean a lot to him." She said showing pity and I wanted to just swing my fist and break her jaw.