CHAPTER TWENTY

THE COLD SEEPED INTO HER BONES, TAKING AWAY ALL VITALITY

THE COLD SEEPED INTO HER BONES, TAKING AWAY ALL VITALITY...SOFIA DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE HER FRIENDS, HOGWARTS...BUT SHE COULDN'T GET BACK TO THE SURFACE.

She didn't like things too easy, but this went against every limitation she had...that darkness was eating away at her, leaving her sinking deeper and deeper. That weariness embraced her, and after a while...Sofia found herself at ease...but the memory of Harry's warm, gentle arms, remained etched in her mind.

Harry watched as the girl broke the ice, golden blood rushed to his face. He was petrified. He wanted to save her, like Prince Charming did...but he couldn't move. All he could do was watch her sink, while his bright, confused eyes gave way to several tears.

He couldn't believe it...one moment, she was smiling, in front of him...and now, she was going to die...he was too confused, but the truth stood out to him as hard to face.

"Sofia!" yelled Hermione running towards where Sofia had fallen.

"No...no, that's impossible. No, please..." cried Hermione trying to catch a glimpse of her through the dark water.

"I'm human too! "

That sentence said by Sofia, kept repeating in her mind. She wasn't immortal, she was strong, but she could fall apart...she was fragile.

"I would do anything for you Aries."

If it was going to be like this, Harry wasn't going to sit still. He ran over to Hermione, taking off his shirt, he would leave that one for her.

Without saying anything to Hermione, he jumped into the freezing water. He wasn't very comfortable, the Dursleys had never allowed him to go swimming, so it felt...strange. But love was stronger than anything.

He made his way through the icy water, Sofia was at the bottom of the lake, leaning against the bottom with an inert expression. Oxygen was beginning to run out.

He took her in his arms, embracing her, he had exhausted all his energy, he could not even push her to the surface.

Sofia was invaded by a deep warmth, love...he had come to save her.

Harry panicked, and began to lose consciousness. Sofia lit up completely, she began to approach the surface, Harry...he was safe, with her, in the dome of light that protected them.

They touched the surface, and took a great breath. They had made it. They were safe...Hermione helped them up, with a beaming smile.

Harry hugged Sofia, and put his shirt on him, the girl smiled at him, and looked fine.

"Come here..." said Sofia leaning Harry's head against her heart, that light, brought warmth and relief... within seconds Harry was dry, and warm. He felt great.

"You...are my best friend!" said Hermione hugging her.

Sofia looked up at Harry, within seconds their lips were together again. Hermione looked at them softly as Harry smiled at the contact of her lips. He hugged her as he kissed her softly.