chapter 11

Surface of Zeridian

Multiple pelicans and other support ships were heading towards the battlefield near the city. The troops defending the area were slowly losing ground and those that were remaining were hanging on by a thread as the army of droids were advancing at a rapid pace.

The reinforcements that make it to the battlefield first hover over the battlefield firing heavy weapons at the invading droids dropping them like fly's.

"Show those metalheads why they shouldn't have messed with us terrans." A soldier says as he runs out the pelican destroying the closest droid near him as the rest in his squad advanced with him.

As the troops advance on foot a pelican drops a scorpion tank behind them before rolling towards it's enemy. The tank seeing the Droid army marching slowly towards them fires one shot in the middle of them causing almost all the droids in the group to explode with their parts being scattered everywhere.

"Is this the infamous Droid army that the republic had numerous battles with?" A Terran soldier questions as he throws a grenade towards the droids before exploding taking out a handful of them.

"Marching towards us with no cover is just suicide. No wonder the republic has defeated them multiple times." He says looking in the sky as a pelican hovers over them as it fires it's front gun at them as they start to push them back.

As the remaining droids gets pushed out of the city, master chief walks out of his pelican before running towards the area where the last known location of the cyborg was at. As he makes it there multiple droids can be seen battling with a group of terrans. Master chief seeing no sight of his target makes the decision to charge the droids destroying half of the forces as their blasters don't even drain his shields.

As he is gunning down the droids he notices a shadow getting bigger behind him before rolling out of the way. Where he once stood is a crater and the person standing in it was grievous as he held two lightsabers.

Master Chief not wasting a second shoots at him with his rifle as the general charges at him as his bullets do nothing to him. As grievous is about to slice the Spartan down he activates the enegry sword clipped to his waist blocking his attempt to kill him.

"You are different from the rest of these pathetic humans." Grievous says eyeing the spartan before looking at his weapon.

"Your weapon will make a fine addition to my collection!" He says eyeing the strange weapon before the Spartan pushes both of their weapons up and kicks his exposed chest making space between the two.

"Who are you and why are you attacking this planet?" Master Chief questions him.

Grievous only narrows his eyes at him before speaking.

"I am the leader of the most powerful Droid army this galaxy has ever seen. And you terrans have faced a small portion of what they can do. Who are you to question me." He says as his two arms break into four as he activates two more lightsabers before spinning them.

"Your people won't stand a chance against us and the extinction of your people will begin starting with this planet." He says mockingly.

Master Chief hearing enough of this Clash's with him as grievous tries to push him back only to be surprised when the spartan doesn't move, but instead it was him moving backwards. Each strike from the spartan with the energy sword was not only done quickly, but was strong enough to dislocate your wrist if you trying to block his attack's regularly.

The battle behind them still going on starts to shift for the terrans since the droids general that was intentionally leading the assault was to occupied with his new enemy.

The Spartan and general interlock their weapons against each other waiting until someone makes the first move.

"Your skills are impressive. Perhaps a match even for me." He says to the spartan not noticing that the Spartan was slowly sliding his lightsaber between the opening of the energy sword before twisting the sword cutting off one of his arms as the lightsaber fell to the ground.

Grievous seeing his sly act only growls in anger before dealing strike after strike onto the spartan, but none never connects as he eithers block it or dodge out of the way. Grievous striking only in anger leaves a few seconds that he is opened for an attack after each strike he makes.

Master Chief noticing this tries to time his attack right and dodges his next few attacks before ramming into him with his shoulder knocking them both on the ground. Chief seeing grievous dazed after his charge takes his pistol out and shoots one of his arms releasing his clutch on the lightsaber before the general picks him up and slams him on the ground with that same arm.

Grievous quickly stands up and tries to stomp on him as the spartan rolls out of the way after each one before he brings his arm out into a fist firing his grappling hook into his shoulder and activating it.

Because grievous couldn't support the weight of an entire Spartan it only causes him to lean forward towards chief as he punches him in the face knocking him back.

Griovious seeing that he will lose against him if this goes on makes the decision to flee as his last remaining troops are being defeated by the terran forces as he growls in frustration. While he is running he calls for his personal fighter to pick him up.

As he tries to flee master chief chases after him as him and any soldiers seeing the general tries to slow him down by shooting at him or getting in his way which was not a good idea as they were quickly cut down by him. Eventually griovious makes it to a dead end as he has his back towards the ocean with no where to go.

"Your surrounded. You have no where else to run. So surrender or further aggressive action will be put upon you." A Terran soldier says out loud to him.

"You all will die." He says pressing a button on his arm as multiple explosions in the city occur as his fighter appears behind him. The soldiers distracted by the explosion regain their bearings as they fire at the general who was now escaping on his fighter, but it was now too late as he jumps into hyperspace seconds later.

Seeing him gone the terran soldiers run towards the city to look for any survivors caught in the explosion while master Chief inspects the two lightsabers that he took from grievous activating both of them. One of them was blue while the other was green. Deciding to keep one of them he clips the green one to his waist while the other would be for studying to finally see how this weapon works.

After he does this he runs towards the city to mop up any remaining hostiles as the planet would now be safe later on and the battle in space was dying down as the few separatist ships left went into hyperspace

Although the separatist managed to land troops on the planet the damage would be fixed months later. The separatist attack on Terran soil would only fuel the people of terra as mercy for their enemy was about to be nonexistent if this galaxy pushed them further.

UNSC Infinity

"Once we make it out of slipspace all ships be prepared for battle. This planet is said to be heavily defended by the separatist." Captain lasky says over the comms before looking over the details of the planet they were attacking.

"The capital of the separatist. Raxus." The A.I of the infinity says looking over the details of the planet also.

"Why exactly are we attacking the capital of the separatist when we could attack one of their closer occupied planets?" The A.I questions him.

"Because. With this attack, we will send a strong message to the people of the separatist alliance." Captain lasky says.

"And the capital of the separatist will be the perfect target for it." He says going back to looking over the Intel on the planet.