86: Back to School

Chapter 86: Back to School

After coming down from a bowl-shaped UFO, 4 green-skinned alien females tried to capture the young silver-haired boy. Somehow, after calming them down by cuddling with them, the young human managed to drive the aliens away.

That's the story Neji told Kimi.

She didn't believe of course, but her belief never mattered in the first place.

After staying up for 26 hours, Neji needed a good night's sleep. He went back home and did so. Nejire looked particularly proud and happy seeing him tired, assuming her 'tricks' were working.

Neji ignored her and slept the whole night like a baby.

—★—

"Bye, Neji! I will be back at lunch break!!"

Nejire waved her hand at Neji who waved back and left swiftly. If he didn't, the waving would have continued for another 5 minutes.

He unfortunately didn't come across Midnight today, which was a bummer. So he simply went inside the classroom and was surprised to see multiple girls surrounding Momo.

"Hey, so what's up with the Club you created?" Mina asked, slipping a hand under Momo's arm. "Moreover, only you and your boyfriend are part of it. Suspicious~ Will you two do 'that' inside school, is that why you made a club?"

The girls beside her poked Mina, asking her to stop with their faces red. Momo simply avoided eye contact.

Seeing this, Mina pushed further. "Mhm, I want to join all of a sudden~ The club I mean. Do you think you can make space for me-"

Interrupting her, Neji slipped past and took his seat.

When the girls finally noticed he was sitting behind them, they quickly broke out in a fluster.

"A-ah, hey! Good morning, Neji."

Mina stuttered and Neji gave her a smile.

"Hi, were you talking about me just now?"

"A-ah?" Mina looked the other way, looking at the other girls behind her, Jiro, Setsuna and Kendo. They immediately scattered away, leaving Mina behind. The pink alien's face darkened, and she gave Neji a nervous smile. "Err, it's not that. You misheard."

"No, no. I have good ears." Neji protested. "I rarely mishear, the most recent one was 3 nights ago when Momo for some reason mistook me for her daddy."

"..."

Mina's cheeks were pink, but they grew pinker.

She still tried to maintain her calm. She cleared her throat. "Oh? Aha, I would like to hear it sometimes."

Neji jerked his head left and right. "Why just hear? I can let you watch if you want. And from how eager you seemed to join the club, you do want to watch, right?"

Mina's eyes shook and her lips quivered in fluster. She immediately shook her head and stood up. "I-I just remembered, I forgot something in my bag... S-sensei will be here soon too, s-so I will get going!!"

Mina ran to her seat, leaving Neji chuckling.

As she left, Momo turned back and gave him a deadpan look. "Why are you scaring them away?"

"Because I want alone time with my girl," Neji said jokingly before tilting his head. "By the way, you don't mind me teasing other girls?"

Momo stared at his face for exactly 7 seconds, before turning forward. "I do. Just that, you are fine with me wearing revealing clothes, it's only fair I am respectful of your choices too. Just don't start touching other girls in front of me."