Villains

Universes, Universes. 

So many that no one could ever keep track of them. 

Peter #1 and Nat walked amongst another universe, it was different to the others they have been  at. 

Dark, lonesome, and somehow twisted.

There was no one out on the street, the skies were gloomy as it began to rain down on them. They both ran under the tarp of a closed restaurant. Nat turned around looking at her reflection against the window as she's noticed her hair was almost fully silver now. 

Peter looked over to her and said, "I think it makes you look majestic."

She cracked a small laugh as she said, "Thanks."

She tied her hair up in a pony tail as she looked out amongst the street. She took a step out from underneath the tarp as she let the droplets of rain fall on her. 

She smiled to herself as it was something finally different for once. Peter tilted his head looking at her as she waved him over. 

She asked, "How long has it been since you've had fun?"

He smiled softly as he ran towards her hopping into a big puddle of water, splashing them both. They both laughed jumping around in the puddle as suddenly the atmosphere began to change. Looking up at the sky, they noticed that cracks began to form. The same ones they'd seen in Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. 

A sudden voice roared into the city, "You can't hide her from me."

Another voice very similar spoke, "She can't help you bring her back."

"Where is she?"

A pause between the voices.

"Fine, if you won't tell me where she is. I'll undo your spell."

The cracks in the sky grew bigger as flashes of luminescent people began to appear in the sky. Nat fell to the ground grasping her head in pain. She screamed in agony as Peter crouched down to her asking, "What's wrong?"

She was too far gone in her memories to be able to recollect anything that was happening around her. 

Nat opened her eyes as she saw herself sitting on bench as she looked around realizing it was only her and a version of herself. She could hear herself speak, but not clear enough to hear what she was saying. 

She took a few steps closer realizing that her other self had no idea she was there. She heard herself say into the phone,"Hi, I- Um - am calling about a roommate inquiry you posted."

Before she could hear what was said next the area around her transformed into an apartment complex as she watched herself stand in front of a door. She took a few steps forward watching as her Peter opened the door causing them both to jump back. Nat smiled to herself as she watched how they interacted and the way he had always been gentle with her. Looking at him with a new pair of eyes made her realize how instant in adoration he had for her from the first day they've met. 

Nat heard a voice from behind yell, "Nat, snap out of it!" 

"Nat, we have to go!"

"Please, wake up!"

She didn't want to let go of the sudden memories she was remembering. An outside life experience she was terrified to lose.