Suspicion

Camilo's POV:

"That was so weird." I muttered. "I could swear that wasn't a reflection- WAIT WHAT IF I HAVE A TWIN? No that's not possible." I said as I paced back and forth.

"I should ask Dolores."

I run upstairs and walk into Dolores's room. "Dolores! Did you hear anything weird?" I asked.

"No, not really, not as weird as you shape shifting into Isabela. Why'd you even do that." Dolores asked slightly annoyed.

"What do you mean? I didn't turn into Isa today at all." I said even more confused.

"Stop lying I saw you and you just gave me this weird look and went into your room." Dolores replied.

"That wasn't me, I just returned from going out." I then ran to my room to find the door open and I always close the door. Dolores rushed in behind me.

"Wait so someone else can shapeshift? Dolores asked.

"How is that possible? We're the only family who has powers here and we know everyone. It must be someone new." I said. I'm gonna go ask tia Julieta again.

Third Person's POV:

The two shocked siblings rushed downstairs and go into the kitchen. "Tia Julieta! Tia Julieta!" they both called.

Abuela comes in. "What happened?" she asks.

They explain and Abuela is shocked. "Julieta left this morning and hasn't been back, she's still at the village giving out food."

Shock hit Camilo as he realized that he was talking to the fake earlier on.

Rosita's POV:

I think it's time to go get more stuff, I thought to myself and climbed down from my hideout. I had took a shower earlier by sneaking into a house as someone else and felt a lot better. I was gonna go when I heard someone say "Have you heard? There's another shapeshifter. The Madrigal family said to keep a look out." a man explained.

That made me freeze. I had to get a disguise just in case something goes wrong and I accidentally turn back to my normal self. I read a book about shapeshifters before and it said when touching each other they will return to their regular selves.

"I need to know more about the Madrigals" I thought. "I need to go there" I said to myself. I then shape shifted into the little boy who always drinks coffee and walked to their casita. Mirabel was in the village talking to others. Perfect I'll go into the house as Mirabel.

I passed Mirabel and then hid in some bushes and turned into Mirabel. I then walked to the Madrigals' house and casually walked in and went upstairs and spotted a candle that seemed to have the same glow as all the other doors except for Mirabel's. Then I went into the room with the door that said Mirabel.

Suddenly the door flew open and Dolores came in and shut the door.

"Rosita I know your not Mirabel." she said.

"What do you mean? Of course I'm Mirabel."

"Rosita, I can hear everything and I know everything about what happened before when you were younger."

"Please let me go, I won't come back." scared that the whole village will try to kill her again like what happened when she was little.

"I won't do anything but you can ask Abuela if you can stay here you, don't have to live on the streets."Dolores kindly tells her and moves closer.

Third Person POV:

Tears fill Rosita's eyes but she wipes them and pushes past Dolores and runs for the front. At that moment Camilo was coming up the stairs.

He instantly knew something was off when Dolores was chasing 'Mirabel'.

Rosita saw home but tried to quickly go around her but Camilo caught her arm and she shifted back to her normal self. She gasped and pulled on her arm trying to get away.

Camilo was so surprised he saw 'Mirabel' turn into this beautiful girl with dark brown eyes with circular glasses and her medium length hair was slightly wavy (You can picture her however you want though). Rosita too, looked surprised and stared at him her heart beating faster as he looked into her eyes. Shocked, he let go of her arm and she ran out of the home. Camilo broke from the daze when Dolores pushed past him and ran, trying to chase her. They both ran outside to find that she most likely shape shifted into one of the villagers and gave up.

"Who is that?" he asked Delores in awe his cheeks turning red.

"That's- That's Rosita. The shapeshifter." Delores panted, out of breath before realizing that her younger brother was blushing. "OMG. YOU LIKE HER." she squealed. "My baby brother has a first crush!!!"

"WHAT? NO I DON'T" Camilo denied not believing it. "Anyways what happened?" he asked. "And was it even her when I stopped her?".

"If you read the book about shapeshifters I gave you, you would know. Ughh, basically if two shapeshifters touch each other, they will return back to their normal self." Delores explained.

"Ohh, that makes sense. Now tell me what happened." he asks his sister.
Dolores explains and tells him about her past.

"Wow, I can't imagine what I would do if that happened but I would probably steal too. We need to help her, she can't live on the streets." Camilo says worried.

"Ooo why do you care so much." Delores asks raising her eyebrows teasing him.

Camilo rolls his eyes. "Where does she stay?"

Dolores listens and says "She doesn't sound too far away. Let's tell Abuela during dinner."

"Yeah, let's do that." Camillo agrees.

Rosita's POV:

I pushed past others and ran back to the hideout. I can't believe it. It's true when two shapeshifters touch each other you do return back to your normal form. Now the Dolores and Camilo know how I look. Oh but he looked so hot up close. No. I shouldn't think like that they probably will all try to kill me. But Dolores offered to let me stay there. No it's probably a trap.

"I can't wait to see the new gift Antonio gets" you hear a villager say. "They always throw the best party for those. I think it's two days from now." another said.

I need to go to that. I'll use that chance to figure out what the candle does.

Word Count: 1062