In Detention.

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shelby here!

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while!

I've just been so busy! I hope you all understand. :)

This chapter is dedicated to BL6438! Thanks for loving my story! You rock!! :D

Now, I won't make you wait any longer...On to the Story!

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Eighteen~

~Sophie's P.O.V.~

The rest of the week was different from anything that I've been through before.

Eli would walk me to class, and he actually started sitting with me at lunch. It was so strange, that I actually asked him if he was on another bet like Zack.

"I'm not like Zack." Was his response. "And I never want to be."

It was strange.

And the night that I had to spend with Julia, was cancelled after I told Mom about my detention.

"What? You got another detention!" She yelled, throwing down the detention slip on the table.

Looking down at my hands, I nodded my head.

"And why did you get this detention?"

"Um..." I felt my face heat up. If I told her about Eli, she'd go ballistic.

"Um, what? There's no excuse for this!"

"I know, Mother."

"Go to your room. You're not going to Julie's tonight. You're grounded."

Go to my room? What am I? five?

If only she knew that I was happy that I didn't have to endure the pain of getting my nails done.

As I lie in my bed and stare up at the ceiling Saturday morning, I dread this detention. I would rather go to work.

I need to go to work.

I'm so close to my car, that here pretty soon, I'm going to be able to go car hunting.

The clock to my right says that it's six AM, and I sigh and sit up, rubbing the film from the four hours of sleep that I had last night out of my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Are you up, Sophie?" I hear my Mom's muffled voice say from the other side of the door.

"Yes, I am." Sadly, I want to add, but I don't.

"Okay. I just want to make sure you're not....Late."

I roll my eyes at her meaning. "I'm not going to be late again, Mother."

She makes a huffing sound, and I wait until I can't hear her steps anymore before I stand up.

I walk over to the mirror, put in my contacts, and then rush to the bathroom to take a quick shower before getting dressed.