118: now

The doctor's expression was grim as he spoke. "Current technologies limit us to only being able to tell if she's connected to another person by forcefully pulling at her and his soul. If they react in a certain way, we know they are meant for each other. I wouldn't advise you to do it."

Dr Eugeum shook his head. "Her soul is far too weak to experience such things, we might do irreversible damage to her."

The doctor shot Casper a look, a serious expression which indicated his experience with such technology. His eyes were filled with his sorrow and Casper could almost see the story of another couple who'd gone through such a procedure and obtained a greater loss instead.

"I see," Casper inhaled sharply, his brows furrowing as he spoke.

He exchanged glances with Oliver, finding solace at the sight of his best friend. Oliver's expression was calm, accepting. He nodded, giving Casper a small smile and Casper's lips quirked, thankful. Thankful that Oliver was okay with such news.

"How can we help her?" He asked.

"You will need to allow her soul to heal. The soul will react on its own and eventually link her to her other soulmates when the bonds are healed," the doctor smiled.

The doctor glanced down at Amber, a gentle almost fatherly smile on his face. "For now, let her sleep. When she wakes up, give her plenty of water and good nutritious food. I'll give you some tablets, to help speed up the healing process and reduce soul sensitivity, which she must consume with her food."

He rose, pulling a bottle from the depths of his case and setting it on the table. The pills clattered as they shook in the bottle. He shot them a look and a smile. "You boys need to work a little harder as well."

"Uh, excuse me?" Casper blinked, staring at him confused.

"You should pamper her, shower her with love. Physical touch is the best medicine I would say," the doctor nodded. "Hold her hand for now, cuddling works too while she sleeps. Hugging when she's awake, kisses, lots of sex if you can when she feels better. It'll speed up the healing process."

Oliver choked behind him, coughing a little. Casper flushed, his eyes flickering to the girl before him, his mind drifting straight to the gutter. He cleared his throat, turning a brighter red.

Dr Eugeum grinned. "Not yet, huh?"

"Yes sir," Casper scratched his head, his cheeks heating with his embarrassment. "We're uh—new."

"All right. I would suggest hand holding then. Don't do anything that would make her upset. Do not risk the soul bonds and break her heart in any way."

The doctor strode towards the door with Casper leading the way. "The repercussions will be extremely dangerous. If you see gold dripping from her in any way, stop whatever you're doing immediately and keep her as calm as you can. Hold her close. Show her physical affection."

Casper took in the information eagerly, his expression grim. Gold blood for the soul. He would never want to see that colour on her.

The doctor stopped at the door. "If she doesn't stop bleeding from her soul, call an ambulance and give her as much physical affection as you can. Understand?"

Casper nodded. "Yes, sir."

The doctor smiled, as he slipped on his shoes, straightening his clothes. "Her other soulmates might be closer than you think. Brothers, friends, they're usually the ones who end up in reverse harem soul bond." Casper stared at him, his mind working on overdrive in his head.

Who were the people that he loved more than anything in this pathetic world? His breath hitched as his mind linked. The only possible, the most appropriate explanation. The perfect answer— His eyes widened. It couldn't be...Right?