121: Hello

Her soul hurt. She dug her fingers into her chest, hoping that the physical pain would drive out the emotional one. It hurt when she thought about this and her soul dreamt of them. It dreamt of their touch, of their love. It dreamt of all seven of them. Even JieMi. She sniffed, she shouldn't have been so mean to JieMi. She wiped at the tears dripping from her eyes.

He had been nothing but himself.

Nothing but a gentleman. He'd helped her as much as he could, stood up for her when she was bullied. Tears welled up in her eyes. All she had done was lash out at him. All she had done was be such a bitch to him.

A cold-hearted selfish bitch who wanted more than she was allowed to, just because her soul said so. She sniffed, bringing her knees to her chest. It hurt inside, the thought that she had been the one to cause him pain. Much more than the thoughts of him with Ha-Eun.

She had never wanted to bring him pain.

And she did.

The door clicked open and she blinked stunned at the sight of Oliver at the door. Her sunny soulmate looked sexy in sweats and a t-shirt. A blue one with branded prints that spoke volumes of its true price. She had no doubt that his seemingly normal sweats were awkwardly expensive as well, bought from some flashy fashion brand.

His hair was tousled. The once bright orange colour dyed a darker shade of brown so much darker than the colour she had seen on him in the studio. He was bare faced and even without the additional touches of makeup to his features, her soulmate was handsome, swathed in the soft glow of the light from the hallway.

He looked stunned, his eyes wide with his surprise, lips forming an adorable heart shape as he stared at her. Amber flushed, but before she could wipe the self-deprecating tears from her eyes. He was beside her, his eyes wide with his concern as he knelt beside the bed.

"You okay?" He asked, his bright voice was gentle, soft, and warm with his concern. "Want a hug?"

She didn't reply, couldn't reply but something in her body language must have registered as a yes to him. His arms were around her in a heartbeat. His hands gently pressing her cheeks to his chest as he held her in his arms.

He was warm, big and everything she had ever needed and Amber had never felt as safe in his arms at that moment. The delicious scent of orange and cedar wafting from his frame. His touch drew her sadness away, his body distracting her mind from her own thoughts.

She was embarrassed when he parted from her after a hug that lasted for too long to be normal. His eyes were gentle with understanding as he patted her hair, rubbing her shoulders with an odd look of understanding and wisdom in his eyes.

She was confused at the sad expression, the guilt that tinged in the windows of his soul. The regret and deep concern. He was looking at her with those eyes and she panicked a little after a while wondering if she looked okay in her messy bedhead.

He answered her before her questions even touched the tip of her tongue.

"There's a toilet in the room," he pointed to the sliding door at the corner of the room. "You can use it then come out and have dinner with us."

He smiled, standing and his hands left her shoulders. It was followed by the seeping cold that climbed into her chest that made her entire situation seem so much worse.

Oliver grinned. "I made army stew. You can come and meet Casper," he darted to the door. "Take your time." He left in a whirlwind of energy and bright, pretty smiles disappearing through the door.

Amber stared blankly at where he left, numbly listening to her soulmate's words. She stepped into the bathroom, washing up. She pushed her hair back with her fingers, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.