Let's Play, Then

i was walking down the halls during my free period and got stopped. i turned around with a confused look, but paused after i saw two familiar faces. "viola? octavia?" i questioned looking at the two who stopped me. "it's been forever, i missed you." viola gave me a hug before octavia pushed her out of the way. "alright," she crossed her arms pulling me into a classroom, with viola following.

"what's the boyfriend situation?" she questioned and i looked around the room. it looked like it was once a classroom, but now it's got clothes scraps and makeup all over it. "meh." i muttered out looking at all the drawings.

"meh? you're literally scarlett anderson—"

"—and you're boyfriend situation is meh?"

"yeah, i guess."

"you guess? bitch, what happened to that cameron loser?" octavia crossed her arms. "he's not a loser, just a dick." i shrugged. "all dicks are losers." voila piped in.

"i think he's moving. i don't know," i shrugged,
"it's an on and off thing. i don't really care if i'm being honest."

"what about adam? he sounded nice from what you told us." voila suggested. "yeah, but i've seen him around with small dick rick and..what's his name, that stupid obnoxious one?" she questioned looking over to me. "never
makes it in the goal cole." i nodded knowing exactly who she meant. "that's a good one! i'm gonna use that." voila laughed.

"adam had his moments. well, moment. i don't usually forgive or forget, but i can manage." i thought about it.

adam makes me happy. well, did until he decided to practically suck that bitch emily's face off in the locker room and not tell me about it. but, we all have our moments i guess.

"listen, he's hot as shit, and i never see him bully kids with the varsity assholes. you've practically got a high school boy prodigy." octavia explained and voila nodded in agreement. "in what fucked up world?" i asked jokingly.

"what is this room anyway?" i said before either one answered. i looked back at the two who sent me glares for—accidentally—changing the subject. "it's our art room. we got in good with the art teach and she gave us her old room before she moved floors." viola explained smiling at the room. "it's where we practice the shit we wanna do." octavia shrugged.

voila basically skipped over to a bunch of vanities, like ones you see backstage when you're in a drama club, with makeup cluttered all over. there was pictures of faces with different makeup looks taped all over each mirror with dates on the them. then, there was mannequin heads with different hair cuts, colors, and styles. "this is where i practice my makeup and hair."

"wow, you've gotten even better from last time at camp. i didn't even think that was possible." i took a closer look on everything that was spread over the tables.

"on this side, i practice my fashion." octavia spoke up and i walked over. her side had a small red velvet couch, a small table with a sewing machine, and little pictures taped all over the wall. there was some ripped out from magazines and some looked drawn by hand. there was a full body mannequin with a beautiful dress on it. i had to kick away some clothes scraps that were all over the floor so i could get a better look at everything.

"holy shit, this is what you guys do all day?" i sat down on the couch near the door of the room. "not all day, but pretty much." i heard a snip and saw viola trimming her hair in the mirror. "oh my god, are you not worried it'll turn out bad?" i raised my eyebrows nervously. "it'll grow back, it's just hair." she shrugged and revealed her new cut. it was pretty much the same, only a couple inches shorter.

"i wish i could do what you guys do. i would be able to style my own outfits, and be able to do my own hair and makeup." i laughed at the thought; i suck at anything that involves being creative.

"well," octavia trailed off while holding up a piece of fabric towards me, and aligning it with my legs. "that's why you have us." she went back to her sewing machine and i nervously peeked over.

"can i come here when i'm free?" i questioned.

"obviously."

"tavia, give her the extra key." viola turned to the girl who threw me a key with out taking her eyes off the paper she was drawing on. i caught it and examined it, "cool. i gotta go but i'll be back whenever." i waved and left.

-

"goldberg, five laps," i circled around the boy who gasped at me, "how many fucking times do i have to tell you to stop trying to mess with julie's playing?" i chased him with my stick until he started to do the laps. "you're not getting a chance to play until you cut it out."

"trip me again, goldberg, and i won't be so nice next time." julie's voice came form behind me. "good idea." i smiled and held my stick out. as goldberg passed, he tumbled over. he let out a yelp and started to complain. "oh, get up you big baby."

i heard a laugh from the bleachers and saw adam with his gear. "alright everyone, pack it up! we're going on a field trip." i yelled to everyone and they skated to the locker rooms. "ah, ah, ah," i held my stick out to goldberg's chest who was just about to leave the rink. "not so fast speedy, you only did half of a lap. you've got four and a half to go or else you're not even gonna sub next game."

his face dropped even more and he threw his helmet back on. "i'll be done by the time you guys are ready to go!" he whined. "better get to lapping then oh so mighty goalie." i smirked watching him trudge around the rink. "make sure he does his laps for me." i called to adam who just winked in return. i rolled my eyes and skated into the locker room.

we all got packed up, and dressed, but we kept our gear in our bags to bring with us. goldberg came stomping in right as we were almost ready. "hey there, goldie. nice and warmed up?" i raised my eyebrows at the sweaty boy. "w-warmed up?" he exclaimed throwing his stuff down.

"we'll be waiting out there for ya," i smirked walking past him, "you've got five minutes...go." i laughed as he groaned to himself. the team followed me out and we all sat on the bleachers and talked.

i'm glad everyone is talking to adam again. thank god they're not holding some grudge. though,
i'm not one to talk because i'm still mad at him. but, to be fair, i have a reason.

we all skated up to the nearest park. the plan was to meet bombay there, who should hopefully have charlie with him. i figured it was time he came back to play with us all. i guess i could put aside my stubbornness for a minute, he should be able to.

when we got to the park, it was completely empty. no bombay, no charlie, no one.

the wind blew my braid behind my shoulder, and the sun made me squint while putting up my hand to protect my eyes. "what do we do know?" aspen questioned looking around. "we play." i breathed out throwing my hand down. we all put our stuff down and started to mess around.

i stopped after connie yelled, "hey there's coach bombay!" we all turned and waved at him and charlie. "damn, what took you so long, conway?" russ shook his head and i skated up next to him. "get in the game, conway." i motioned towards everyone who was yelling for him and coach to play. "we've been waiting." adam stepped out from behind the group, and charlie laughed while shaking his head. "yeah, and i'm not waiting any longer. so get your asses over here and let's play." she shouted and they ran in.

"let's play, then." charlie repeated.

we played for hours. at least i think it was hours. it felt like hours.

it felt good finally being able to play as a team again. it feels like it's been forever since when all just played together. no fights, no drama, nothing. we just played, and talked, and laughed.