Chapter Thirty-Five: The Answer

Chapter Thirty-Five: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖗.
word count; 6.7k

note: LOLLLLLLL have fun.

Trusting the kid not to mess with the Frog Lady's offspring had not been easy... In fact, you never did trust him with them.

Which was why, when she guided you towards the nearest medic, you opted to bring the Child along with you. Maybe not the finest idea considering he would likely become impatient waiting in there, but you didn't need him swallowing another one of those eggs. That, and you would appreciate someone there for you... even if it were a fifty-year-old baby. Still, the kid being there was enough comfort for you, regardless of the results you obtain later today.

The medical establishment was surprisingly adequate compared to the rest of the town. Plenty of available chairs to occupy, friendly faces, working droids, spotless appearance... It wasn't as terrible as most medics you'd visited in the past. Of course, being a walk-in patient, you were ordered to stand by for a few minutes in order for them to find a spot to squeeze you in for an appointment. So you settled yourself on one of the unoccupied seats and set the Child on your lap whilst you waited. That anxious pit in your stomach hadn't faded away whatsoever, and your brain was still going insane over the fact that this could be true. That you could be pregnant. That your lifestyle could change after this brief medical visit. 

Your chest heaved with a sigh, a pit of anxiety forming in your stomach. Fingers fiddling with the commlink Din had passed over to you earlier, you considered activating it to speak with him. Even if it were for no reason—for no emergency—you couldn't sit around and wait patiently while simultaneously dealing with the chaos going on within your head. Only, the problem was that Din was busy. Very. That mission Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls had planned did not seem straightforward whatsoever, and complications were highly likely. So he probably did not have spare time to speak with you. The notion had been completely wiped out of your mind eventually. It was not like there was a purpose to talk to him, nor was it like you'd never see him again in your life. You had seen him recently and you would meet up again soon after the mission anyway.

...you just liked talking to him. Maybe. Sometimes.

The Child, curiosity piqued by the object your digits fiddled with, had encased the commlink within his own claws and brought it nearer to his face in order to examine it... and just like that, an idea materialized.

"Do you wanna talk to Din?"

His long ears had perked up upon hearing your question. He lifted his chin, your gaze meeting with his own inquisitive ones, earning a gentle smile from you. As you reacquired the device, you briefly demonstrated how to operate it. "Here, just... push this button, and hold onto it."