Chapter twenty-five✔️

Andy Anders

I woke up around ten in the morning to an empty bed. I was confused at first as to why I was alone but when I checked my phone, I saw a text from Nick saying that he was running a few errands and that he will be back soon. Since it's Thursday, I only have one class which is at two in the afternoon but I'll probably just skip it and wait until Nick get's back.

Climbing out of bed, I grab one of Nick's shirts that end mid thigh and pull on a pair of underwear before walking downstairs to make myself some breakfast. As I'm walking down the stairs, my phone starts going off and I look to see that it's Bella calling me.

"Hey, bitch." I say when I pick up.

"Hey, bitch?" She says back incredulously. "Don't 'Hey, bitch' me! Where the hell have you been? You're not at your place and you haven't been in school for the past few days. Are you okay?"

I sigh with guilt because I feel like shit not telling her everything that's went down. She's become my best friend these past couple of months and I'm so grateful for her. I grab a pan for the cabinet underneath the stove and then some pancake mix from the pantry to make pancakes.

"How about this. Let's grab lunch tomorrow and I'll tell you everything that's happen."

"Promise?"

I smile. "I promise."

"Okay well if you're not at your place then where are yo—wait, are you at Mr. Shepards?" She gasps and I roll my eyes.

"Ugh please call him Nick and yes I'm at his place. I've been staying here for a few days."

Her squeal is so loud that I have to bring the phone away from my ear. I decided to just put her on speaker while I'm mixing the pancake mix in a bowl.

"I so called this! I knew it was gonna happen. Me and Mike were—"

"Wait! You and Mike knew?" Oh fuck what if Mike told Jace?

"Don't worry, he's not gonna say anything. He values his life too much to portray my trust. And yes, we knew for a while. We both saw the way that you and Nick would look at each other. It was only a matter of time."

Oh my fucking god.

I mean, am I really that upset that they know? I didn't want to keep us a secret forever. I knew that I would have to tell Jace eventually, even though we aren't really friends now we use to have a weird thing going on before I caught him sucking face with Scarlet. This thing between me and Nick has been going on for nearly three months so it was bound to slip out eventually.

"Just...don't tell Jace. I'm sure Nick would want to be the one to tell him."

"Don't tell me what?"

I jump and turn around to see Jace standing on the other side of the island. His eyes widen when he realizes that it's me and does a full body sweep with his eyes.

"Andy? What are you doing here?"

"Oh shit." I hear Bella say through speaker phone.

I curse and quickly hang up the phone before turning back to Jace. He's still staring at me and I can see the turmoils rolling in his head before his eyes widen a second time and then his jaw clenches down hard.