Prologue

~Calum

When you're 16 and in love, people tell you that your perception of love isn't real, that it's just a phase.

"You're too young, too dumb to know things like love." They'd always tell us.

I met Paige seven years ago in 2011 when she was hired to be the bands photographer, and while I dropped out of high school to focus on the band entirely, she continued school on the road.

The two of us connected immediately. It was like love at first sight in our own way.

We have the same interests, same sense of humor and most importantly, the same music taste.

"Boys," Our tour manager announced to us as the four of us were sat writing a song for our first album 'Somewhere New'. "I have someone I'd like you to meet." He opens the door a little wider and the prettiest girl I had ever seen walks in behind him.

"This is Paige Evans, she will be your photographer throughout tour and hopefully for a very long time." He says pushing her forward a little more.

The girl couldn't have been any older than us. In fact, she looked to be close to my age.

Paige seemed a little nervous and her eyes were glued to the floor. "I'll leave you all to introduce yourselves," He says walking out the door. "And be nice." The door closes and the four of us turn our attention back to the timid girl standing in front of us.

"Hi Paige," Ashton says seeming to notice that none of us were going to speak up first. "I'm Ashton."

"Hi," She says sort of quietly, but lifts her head up to give Ashton a warm smile.

Luke and Michael greeted her next and she made sure to compliment Michaels hot pink hair.

Paige seemed to be warming up to us already which wasn't too surprising since the four of us are the biggest goof balls you'll ever meet.

Lastly, it was my turn to greet her. "Hi, I'm Calum. Nice to meet you." I said lifting my hand up to shake hers in greeting.

Her eyes lit up the moment the two of us made eye contact and it made my heart start beating rapidly in my chest.

"Hi Calum, nice to meet you too." She said lifting her hand up to connect it with mine.

The second our hands made contact, I felt it tingle. Her vibrant blue eyes never left my brown ones that no doubt had grown wider from shock.

"I like your Led Zeppelin shirt." She said noticing my band tee.

"Thanks," I said looking down at my shirt. "You like them?"

"Love them! They're my favorite band." Paige said surprising me. I'd never met anyone else who's favorite band was Led Zeppelin.

"Mine too!" I exclaimed.

She giggled at my excitement making my smile grow wider.

This girl is so cool, "Well Paige, I can tell that we're going to be very good friends."

Photography was Paige's passion and she was damn good at it from the start. When she heard that there was an offer to be a photographer for Australia's newest pop punk band, she took it and has been with us ever since.

When we were in our teenage years, the two of us were labeled, 'The tours trouble makers.'

We'd sneak out of the hotel room to jump in the pool at 3 am, hide from our managers in the tour bus, even mess around in between takes of music videos.