Chapter 46

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

The dreadful moment came.

I wasn't expecting Odin to ask for me again after the war, but he did.

I readied myself the way I would have on a normal day serving at the palace. I put on my armor, strapped Sivert to my hip and headed to the throne room.

Elin and Nath had left me that morning after breakfast, so I was pretty much on my own.

When I walked into the throne room, Odin was waiting for me sitting in his throne, while Thor stood near him. I only glanced at him once but his eyes spoke to me louder than words would ever. Whatever Odin was to tell me, I certainly wouldn't like it.

I sank to a knee, an arm across my chest and my eyes to the floor. My heart wanted to rip through my chest and perspiration formed over my brow at the mere thought of what Odin might tell me.

"Y/N L/N. You've done great things for us, and for that I consider you a true hero. Perhaps you live up to the title Valkyrie and you sure have surpassed all my expectations."

"Thank you, your highness." I said, feeling quite honored to hear such complements from the very own King of the gods.

"You did as promised, you saved Asgard and the other eight realms, and perhaps even the whole universe. It is needless to say that Loki will no longer have to marry Crown Princess Elin. The Monarchs of Alfhame have considered Loki's act of chivalry as a peace treaty. Adding that Prince Aestre seems to fancy Syn quite a lot. Your human friends shall return to Earth being remembered as fearless warriors to our realm. And lastly..." Odin stood up from his throne and climbed down, stopping right in front of me. I dared not to look up at him. "You shall live for your act of bravery and for keeping your promise. You too shall be remembered as a hero. But... you may no longer be allowed to stay in Asgard."

I finally looked up. My gaze locked with Odin's blue eye. Panic started to arise in me. "W-What?"

"You and your friends have learned too much about the gods and what lies beyond Midgard. I know you're in love with Loki, I am aware of how it has changed him, but how it has also affected our world. You must leave Asgard by tomorrow morning. You will not speak a word of what you've seen. Not about Thanos. Not about the war. Not about Loki or Thor or anything that has happened since you met my son. If you do I will find out one way or another, and I won't be so lenient then."

I let a frown take over my features. I was appalled. Utterly confused and shocked. "With all due respect, how is that fair to me? How can I not speak about what happened? How do you expect me to leave Asgard when the man I love is unconscious? How is this fair to Loki?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but this is for the safety of my people. The more humans know, the more our world is at risk. Who says that something like Thanos won't happen again? Can you assure me that my people will be fine in the future? You may discuss what happened here with your hero friends who have experienced the same as you, but non of you may run your mouths to anybody else."