A piece of advice

As the weeks passed, Angie started to realize she had lost her assistant at the bookstore to Julieta. Agustín would always disappear early in the morning, and once again during the afternoon so he could help the oldest triplet with her chores.

Even when the young man was at the store to help out, he was with his head somewhere else, which only resulted in more accidents.

But Angie wouldn't ever be able to complain about it, sure she had a bit more of work to do, but her cousin was so happy with spending time with Julieta it was worth it. And she wasn't all that busy anyway, mostly the buy hours were the storytelling sessions and cleaning up after it, most of her clients were now used to the store and knew exactly where to go to search what they wanted.

So, through most of the days, people would find Angie sitting behind her counter as she read a book, sometimes people would be wide-eyed at seeing Bruno Madrigal sitting beside her, just as immersed in his own book.

But on the day Felix came in searching for a book, she was alone.

The girl jumped with the sound of the bell over the door, taken by surprise through a particularly tense scene of her book. Her eyes scanned the place until find the short man by the door, the man seemed particularly uncomfortable.

"Hola, Felix.  That is a new face around here, how can I help you?" Angie said with a bright smile getting up from her spot.

She had met the short man a few times before, he was in charge of the groceries store right across the street, so knowing him was pretty much essential to Angie's survival.

"Hey, Angie. I'm searching for a gift?" The man seemed frightened by the hundreds of books exposed on the bookshelves.

"Sure, but I'll need a few more details than that. Do you know what kind of book you want to give? Or maybe you could just tell me about the person you want to gift." Angie said softly.

"I don't have any Idea, I was searching for what kind of gift to give her and all Julieta told me was that her sister was into books."

"Julieta as in Julieta Madrigal?" The man nodded and her smile got brighter "that means you are searching for something to Pepa, you are lucky I know a lot about her taste, she is a regular around here."

The man breathed in relief.

"Thank you."

"She really likes romances, but nothing too sad because she can't risk raining on the book." Angie explained guiding the man through the store "So, may I ask you the occasion for the gift?"

"I've been feeling like she has been avoiding me for a few weeks now. A gift seems like a good excuse to talk to her out of my store, isn't it?"

"That may explain the unstable weather lately." Angie mumbled taking a few books off the shelf in front of her "These three are good options, you can choose. And, if I'm not intruding too much, may I give you a piece of advice while you're here?"

"Please, a woman's opinion is always useful." The man said seeming more comfortable now.

"Bruno is a good friend of mine, and he has said multiple times that his sister is quite stubborn. If she really is avoiding you, I might suggest you to write a letter with what you want to say and leave it inside the book, knowing her she will surely take the gift, and this will guarantee she will know what you feel even if she doesn't want to directly listen to you."

The man took a bit of time thinking but soon his face lit up "That is a great Idea, you are a true angel. I'll take all three."

The young woman couldn't help it but laugh at his excitement "I'll pack it for you."