Chapter 17

Xiaos pov

I never noticed that I had fallen asleep until the  bell rang. I could hear the bell in my sleep but I never woke up. The person who did wake me up was Barbara. "Xiao last period just ended. You can go home and get some-" but before she could finish her sentence, someone opened the door. I turned around and saw Venti panting as if he was catching his breath.

Barbara looked over her shoulder. "Ah Venti can you-" yet again she was interrupted by him. "Yeah! Come on Xiao let's go." I groaned as Venti put on arm on my waist and the other on my arm.

Man stomachaches suck. This one especially because I could barley walk. "Hm?" Ventis phone began to ring as we walked towards the gate. I could hear Zhonglis voice when he answered the call, "Venti..?" Then I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. Venti laughed then hung up. "What happened?" I asked squinting in pain.  "Oh Zhongli said he was spending the night at Childes house. He also told me to tell you that he doesn't want you home alone." Venti sighed. "He's like a dad I swear." He started to giggle. I smiled a bit but made sure he couldn't see it.

Suddenly we stopped. "Xiao if Zhongli doesn't want you home alone then...do you want to come over to my house?" His face looked nervous and embarrassed. Being in Ventis house? With me and him alone? I started to blush myself. God I'm stupid. "Yeah sure why not." I said quietly. His face lightened up and we started to walk again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-later-

After some time we finally made it to Ventis house. He got his keys from his bag and unlocked the door.

It was very cold in his house and dark. I've never been in his house before, even though I've known him for almost 4 months. "Sorry it's cold in here. I'm trying to save up for a heater." He said with a nervous laugh. I nodded as he helped me towards the couch. "I have a little heater I put in my room if you'd like it." He asked. "Yeah that will be nice." I put down my bag and waited.

His house was pretty. It was modern and decorated nicely. There were a few pictures that caught my eye. One was of him and a beautiful lady. She had dark blue hair and green eyes like Venti. I assumed it was his mother since he was a baby in the picture. The other one was of Venti and a boy who looked a lot like him. Although he didn't have Ventis greenish tints in his hair. It was plain. May that be his twin brother?

I noticed there were no pictures of his father. That's when Venti walked into the room. "My mom said my dad died when I was born." I quickly turned around. He must have noticed I was looking at the pictures. "That one is my mom. She's pretty isn't she?" He smiled. "Your mom was very pretty." You are very pretty Venti. I thought. "That one is me and my twin brother. We were about 9 at the time." His face suddenly started to look sad. "And around that time he got sick." He looked down with the small heater in hand.

"Well I better plug this in so you won't be so cold." Although he laughed after saying that. It sounded very sad. Like a sad laugh. I didn't know what to say. So I kept quiet and stared at him. "Alright well I don't really have much here to eat so.....do you want pizza?" He rested his hands on his hips. "Yeah sure." "Okay I'll go make an order." He said taking out his phone. He walked over to me and sat down. I got a glance of his phone. In which his Lock Screen was a picture of me and him at a water park when we went with Hu Tao and the others.

He noticed and laughed. "I like this picture." "Why?" I asked him. There wasn't anything amusing on the picture. Just Ventis cute smile. "Because for the first time, you had a smile." I quickly looked back at the photo and realized I did have a smile. It was a picture of me and him having a water fight. I was able to plash him and he laughed which made me smile. I guess couldn't help it.

I looked away of embarrassment. I probably should have never done that since he began to tease me. "What's wrong?~ your face is getting red Xiaoo~" he had a stupid smug face plastered of him, which made me mad. "Shut up." His laughs flooded the tiny living room. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

He's so pretty...I thought to myself. "Alright well I better make the call." He searched up a local pizza place and called them. Then he placed an order of pepperoni and mushroom pizza. (P.s that's my favorite pizza :>) As he was doing that I kept looking at the pictures hanged on the wall.

One was of Venti and his twin in Halloween costumes. And there was one with both of them and their mother looking sad. I wonder why. "Alright they said it would be a 10 to 15 minute wait since they just ran out." He sighed. "Welp you wanna watch a movie to pass by time?" He brought up his legs and held them close. "Sure, I don't care." "Yes! Hmmm maybe a scary movie since I haven't watched one in a while." He took the remote from the coffee table and went to Netflix.

Eventually Venti found a movie to watch which was the Conjuring. (Bro im literally TERRIFIED of scary movies so Idfk what happens in the Conjuring. My sister watched it and she couldn't sleep for like 4 days LMAO)

God I already knew he was going to be scared the whole time since he huddled near me. Like I was going to protect him. Nah fuck that I'm running out the door.

During the first 10 minutes it wasn't bad, but Venti looked like he was waiting for a jump scare. So he was all nervous and hiding his face behind a pillow. That was until the door bell rang that he jumped and screamed a bit. "Venti calm down I'm pretty sure it's the Pizza." I patted his back and walked over to the door. In which I was right.

We grabbed plates from his kitchen and brought them to the living room to eat. Around the middle of the movie Venti started to scream and grab my arm when there was a jump scare. "NO NO DONT- AHH" He screamed looking away from the TV screen. Not going to lie I did get spoked a bit but not like Venti. Suddenly he he grabbed my hand and held it tightly. Like a little kid would do when they would hid behind their mothers for safety or when their scared.

The gesture made my heart race. He didn't seem to notice so I was glad. "Venti it's fine it's just a movie-" then again he screamed. He hid his face behind my back and squeezed my hand. "I don't like this movie..." he quietly said. I chuckled a bit. "It's not funny! You know what I'm going to bed. I'm not finishing this." He got up and walked upstairs. I stayed and finished the movie.

-after the movie finished 🕺-

I yawned as I turned off the TV. I looked at my phone and it said 8:57 pm. It's still early..I sighed and called for Venti but he didn't respond. I guessed he feel asleep so I walked towards his room quietly. I didn't know which one it was but I realized one of them had paper on it. "Venti keep out of my room >:(" It wrote. Who's room is this..? I thought to myself. I was about to open the door when the room next to me made noises. "Venti?" I called out. But there was no reply. So I decided to open the door and found myself something worth taking a picture of.

Venti was laying down sleeping with half of his blanket on the floor. He had a lot of stuffed animals. One in particular he was holding was a penguin. He's so cute I thought smiling to myself. I closed the door behind me and walked towards him and simply admired his looks. His soft looking lips slightly open. His fluffy looking hair all messed up. His little snores. Everything about him was so pretty.

——————————
3rd person pov

Xiao stared at him for a bit until a strap of Ventis hair fell on his face. Xiao cautiously brushed his hair behind his ear and creased his cheek softly. Without thinking Xiao placed a soft kiss on Ventis forehead. "Goodnight Venti.." he whispered in his ear and quietly walked out of the room, making sure he wouldn't wake him up.

What Xiao didn't know was that Venti was awake. He couldn't sleep since of the movie terrifying him. Venti opened his eyes slowly and a cute little smile formed. His cheeks lit up and he hugged his stuffed animal while hiding his face. He kissed me... he thought with giggles leaving his lips.

The two boys fell asleep well with smiles plastered on their faces.