2

6:15 AMBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

6:15 AM
BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

"Byeee baby! I'll see you Friday!"

Alyssa kissed her friend, Tabatha, on the cheek. "Bye. Oh, make sure you check on Miss Alice. I love that old lady, she's a trip."

"I hate that bitch." Tabatha rolled her eyes, "She was just talking bout my BBL the older day, Lyssa. You know how much I fuckin' paid for this ass."

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Girl, don't talk about her like that. I wonder when her grandson is going to come see her. She's always tryna talk me into dating him. Never seen him here though."

"If he look anything like her, don't yo ass date him. Ugly, bald headed ass." Tabatha snorted, "My fault, I forgot she had cancer. Lorddd."

"Byeeee dream!" Alyssa laughed, shaking her head as she walked out the hospital.

Alyssa had been a nurse for about two years now. She moved from Atlanta, because it was too crowded and there was barely any job openings. There were tons in Baton Rouge, and she remembered that her childhood friend, Tabatha, moved down here a while ago.

So, she took the chance, and never looked back.

Tapping her watch as she walked to her white Benz truck, she looked to see it was 6:15 in the morning. "Right on time."

Hopping in, she started the car, taking her hair out of the bun that was ontop of her head, and letting it flow down her back. She hadn't had her hair in a wig in a minute, and she missed it.

"I need Taeeee," Alyssa whined as she pulled off from the hospital.

Tae was her hairdresser back in Atlanta, and he was the best of the best. Always had her hair looking right. She didn't really trust any and everyone with her hair, barely even trusted herself.

Driving onto the main road, she decided to drive in silence. After a long day of doctors yelling at her, old senile patients hitting on her, racist ass patients asking her about her white daddy and black mother, she was to be out of there.