chapter 7

Dana wakes me up by kissing my neck and touching my breast. Sex with him makes me feel bad and insecure. He would talk about his exes and compare me to them. Like this is how they did it or my breast isn't big enough or I should keep things shaved or I should use a different lotion because he doesn't like the smell of the one I use.

I stop him from going further because I'm not in the mood to fake it. I get up to go to Eva's room to get her ready for the day since he won't do it.

"Yeji! Wear something nice today okay?" Dana says to me before I leave our bedroom.

Ugh! Why do I find him so annoying now? This never bothered me before. He's been like this for a long time now so I don't know why he gets under my skin all of a sudden.

I walk into Eva's room to see she's still asleep so I leave her alone. I check my phone and see no message from Ryujin again. Maybe I should message him first today.

kitty_purrfect: Good morning. I thought I'd text you first today haha

I wait for a couple of minutes and no reply. He might still be asleep.

I go downstairs to see Dana drinking his coffee. I grab a cup of coffee for myself and sit down in the dining table.

"What do you want to do for our date?" Dana ask.

"I don't know. I thought you had something planned since you asked me" I reply without looking at him.

"We can grab dinner then go to Mike's?" He suggests.

"Why would we go to Mike's? What am I gonna do there? I know you want to go so you can play that magic card game" I say now annoyed.

"You'll have fun. Just go with me. Please" He tries to sound nice.

"No. Go by yourself then. I'll take Eva and we will just stay here" I scoff.

I stand up to go back to Eva's room to check on her again. She's finally awake and she greets me with her smiling face.

"Good morning my baby" I say to her and she laughs.

"Let's go have breakfast?" She claps excitedly.

We go back downstairs and Dana doesn't even bother greeting his daughter good morning or even say hello.

"Dana, can you feed Eva today?" I ask.

"Why? You already got her. Just feed her. It's the weekend. I want to relax" he says.

I get Eva's food ready and feed her while giving Dana death stares here and there. I place Eva in the playpen in the living room and check my phone to see if Ryujin has messaged me.

hard_carryy0: Ello. Sorry I was making breakfast with my nephew. Pancakes, eggs and bacon. We call it breakfast of the Champs and the only thing Ecko can make lol

kitty_purrfect: aww I wish I could have joined but Ecko?

hard_carryy0: It's what he calls me. Idk where he got it from but he can't seem to say my name so he's called me Ecko ever since he could talk

kitty_purrfect: that's so cute.

hard_carryy0: Thanks. So are you ready to go visit your boyfriend's parents?

kitty_purrfect: aww you remembered. And not really. They will probably talk about why I haven't married my boyfriend yet

hard_carryy0: Yea why haven't you? Seems like a great guy?... I hope you sensed the sarcasm there lol

kitty_purrfect: I did but thank you for still pointing it out. I may not have sensed it if you didn't haha

I start getting ready for dinner in hell. His parents aren't so bad. They just clearly favor Dana a lot. In their eyes, he can do no wrong. He's the perfect father who did the right thing when he found out I was pregnant. At least they treat Eva better than they treat me.

kitty_purrfect: I'm getting ready for dinner now. I'll text you as much as I can but may not be much

hard_carryy0: It's all cool. Try to enjoy it as much as you possibly can. Don't let your boyfriend be an asshole to you and say hi to your baby for me lol

I laugh a little at the last thing he said. He never forgets or ignore the fact that I have a kid. Why am I thinking like he's trying to date me and he's very welcoming of my daughter. I have a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. I have to remember that. Things can't get serious with Ryujin. It will never work even if I'm single. He lives in another country.

We arrive at Dana's parents house and Dana didn't even help with Eva's car seat. We walk through the door and they hug Dana while they give me their fake smile. I want to punch them.

His sister, Kiri, greets him then give me a glare. I'm not sure why she hates me so much since we barely interact with each other.

They take Eva from me which I don't mind. I know they love her and will take care of her. I head to the kitchen to see if I can help with anything. Dana's mom follows right behind me.

"So sweetie, when are you going to marry our son? You know it doesn't look good for a couple to live together and have a kid to not be married" she says with her fake caring voice. She's one of those people that cares about her family's image. Her husband is actually cool so I don't know how he ended up married to a wench.

"Maybe someday. I want to focus on Eva right now you know?" I lie to her face with no regrets.

"Don't you want to marry Dana? He's a husband material. A good job, good father, responsible, stable and handsome. Any girl would be lucky to have him and he chose you" She smiles at me but in a threatening way.

"He didn't even think Eva was his" I look at her like she's dumb.

"To be fair, honey. He has a low chance of having a kid so we were shocked that he got someone pregnant but we love Eva now and he does too so just give him a chance."

"I'll think about it" I smile one last time before leaving her in the kitchen.

I grab my phone and message Ryujin.

kitty_purrfect: save me from here please. It hasn't been long and already the marriage talk

hard_carryy0: Tell them you're seeing someone else and see how they react lol

kitty_purrfect: they'd kick my ass and take Eva away haha

hard_carryy0: Those people don't even know how lucky they are to have you in their family. Fuck them

hard_carryy0: Not literally though lol

I accidentally let out a chuckle out loud and I see Kiri looking at me weirdly.

I take a deep breath and wish this night would end already.