𝐗𝐋𝐕

I woke up the next morning not wanting to be awake. Secretly, in my head, I had hoped that I would be able to go back to the forest with my parents like I had on Halloween and spend the rest of time there.

With no such luck, of course.

The knot in my stomach from yesterday still hadn't unwind itself, leaving me an unsettling feeling as I dressed myself.

Originally, had I woken up, I had planned on not getting out of bed at all. But I knew that my time with Draco could be limited, depending on the situation with his parents.

I had a very strong feeling that the Weaslys—particularly Ron and Ginny—would not allow an Ex-Death-Eater to step foot anywhere near their home; let alone stay for a while.

There was always Grimmauld Place, if Draco agrees.

Draco hadn't woken yet. At least, he hadn't shown any signs of being awake. He could easily have been persusing my original plan.

Part of me wanted to climb into his bed with him and sleep the day away together, but I would give him space for now.

I felt the need to speak to someone—get a feeling for what exactly is going on with everyone after yesterday's events.

I found Hermione sitting alone in the common room with Neville. Normally, I would find her with her nose deep within a book or knitting or a heartfelt conversation with Ron, but he was nowhere to be found.

Not that I particularly wanted to see him.

She and Neville were speaking in hushed tones, as if they didn't want the empty room to hear.

They didn't notice my presence, so I stood on the threshold, eavesdropping.

"Expelled? Are you sure?" Hermione whispered.

Neville nodded, eyes wide with gossip, of all things.

"Mcgonagall gave 'im the boot for harassment. That, and apparently 'non-consensual sexual actions'."

Hermione eyes widened even more than Neville's, her mouth in a wide 'o' shape as she put on a face of pure revulsion.

"My Merlin... How did she even find out about that?"

"Luna's been spreading the word... she told Parkinson, and well... it got around pretty quick," he glanced for a moment at the portrait hole, "Heck, even the Little Girl caught wind of it... Merlin knows she can't keep anything to herself."

"Gosh..."

"I even heard Mcgonagall say that she wants Harry and Malfoy to see the Mind-Healer, for trauma, she said," Neville shrugged.

"Maybe that's a little extensive..."

"I don't know. Harry seemed pretty upset. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him for the next couple days."

Hermione sighed, "Ron and I haven't really seen much of him for the last few months, actually," she paused, "I suppose we do know why now."

A silence filled the room. I wondered if they were finished talking, so I could go update Draco on Goyle's expulsion—if he was awake, that is.