thirty-nine

It had been a few days since the Valentine's day fiasco and meeting up with Roxy

It had been a few days since the Valentine's day fiasco and meeting up with Roxy. The girls and I were still at Jora's place because everything had not settled down, it only escalated once Roxy came forward with her case.

So far, UCLA has dropped him from the team and he is no longer a part of the NCAA organization. According to Rhegan's dad, every team that had even a hint of interest in him being on their team all of a sudden found a sudden disinterest in him.

Jora's dad said the same. As soon as the first allegation came out, they deemed him ineligible for the draft.

The media had been in a frenzy regarding this topic when Roxy came forward. If no one believed my claims, they definitely started to believe them when Roxy filed her case against him.

I once again took another hiatus from social media.

I didn't have time to go through comments claiming that I was a liar trying to bring a black man down and ruin his future— I knew my character and that was not it.

I had no reason to lie on Edwards's name, but I did have all of the reasons in the world to speak my truth and that's exactly what I will do.

" Good morning!" Sade greets with a bright smile on her face. She was probably the only person out of our group that was a morning person.

" Morning," I forced a smile to my face as I took a seat at the Island. Sade slid me a steaming cup of coffee as Jora made some waffles.

" March madness is coming up fast," Jora yawns before she places a waffle onto a plate and pours more batter onto the maker.

March was going to be a hectic month for the guys.

March Madness was 68 college basketball teams all vying to make it to the final round of the single-elimination tournament. It was three weekends of games that they had to play and win to become National Champions.

And each week only a certain number of teams advanced to the next round.

The first weekend is called the Sweet Sixteen— only sixteen teams advance to the next round,

The second weekend is called the Elite Eight— only eight teams advance to the final round.

The third weekend is called the Final Four— The last weekend is all about the four semi finalists teams. And the two twins that win those games, move onto the national championship.

It was also an excuse for people to bet and predict who would win the national championship.

It would be a stressful and tiring month for all of them. They would be traveling back and forth to different states and playing in different arenas.

They would be playing two rounds within the first weekend which they would have to win to qualify for the Sweet Sixteen. Then the next round would be the Sweet Sixteen which would only be one round but they would have to play in the Elite Eight just a few days later.